Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change the color that my dash gauges lights up. I want to go red instead of the green stock color. How do I do this if its even possible?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have been wanting to do it more in the Red 02 because I have switched the gauges to 99 Cobra gauges. I have red internal lighting and wanted to have the dash gauges match.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
The 03 gauges are electroluminescent, there are no bulbs, and you can't change the color. It's unfortunate, but you're actually the first I've heard who doesn't like the stock gauges. Sure they could be brighter, but, different color? I wouldn't change mine for the world.
As for the 02, they SHOULD be bulbs, as far as I know. You can buy after market gauge faces as well that are different colors.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to change the ones in the 99 cobra gauges, its not because i dont like the color but it just doesnt fit with my car the way I would like them to. I have red gauges in my piller pods and just wanted them to match up a little better. I wouldnt change the ones in my 03, i like the color in that one. What are the gauges in the 2000 R? I have a gauge panel from one and it will eventually go into my 2002 and might want to change them to.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying to change the ones in a 2002 Mustang with 1999 Cobra gauges. I also have the gauges out of a 2000 Cobra R. Is it possible to get them to light up red? If not then I wont try it if so how.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.