Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well iam tired of my oil line form my vorteh leaking at the oil pan. so i was woundering what would be involved to change the pan with the motor in the car?..iam thinking of getting the mmr pan with the fitting welded in already..thanks guys

· Registered
427 Posts
It really isnt that bad. You have to brace the engine up, and drop the K. It can be done in 2-3 hours from start to finish. To brace up the engine, if you have an engine hoist...thats the easy ways=. My way, is to use a 2x4 and cut it to fit exactly between the fenders (the lip where the hood sits in, and where the fender bolts are). I actually use 4 2x4's for safety. 2 screwed together and one at the front of the engine and one at the rear. Then use a set of straps or chains, hook it to the engine. I drew a picture to show how I did mine and it has worked flawlessly. I did go to lowes/home depot and bought some long bolts that fit the intake manifold bolt holes and put some large washers on them.

Reactions: wmburns

· Registered
764 Posts
Harbor freight sells an engine support bar that works really well. You will need to drop the k member down to get the pan out past the oil pick-up tube. I have a canton road race pan that I have used for drag and road racing. Works well.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
if you put the mmr pan on a motor with stock main bolts then you need to install a longer oil pick up tube spacer. i have a upr k member and still needed to lower the k member to get the pan off

· 2V powered
3,872 Posts
I have the qa1. I pull the front cover. I remove the two bolts holding the pickup to oil pump. Remove the pan bolts. remove the bolt holding the pickup. Remove the motor mount nuts.
Lift the engine a little bit. Slid the pan off:)

· Breaking ****
1,300 Posts
i may of made more work for myself, but i removed the rack n pinion off the K-member to have enough swing room to get the pan off with no issues. I also have a tubular k though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.