Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question: I have KB tune and would like to go with 4:10 gears and 28" tire. What is the best way to get speedo correct? Send XCAL-1 box back to KB or can it be adjusted anyother way? Would there need to be any tune change because of gear change?

·
Registered
119 Posts
i dont think that there would be a tune change just a speedo corrected thats about it i dont see your tune being affected by your gears in anyway.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If you're using an X3 all you have to do is load your tune again, only this time when it asks you if you want to make any changes you select yes and change the tire diameter and gear ratio.

I picked up a 40 series back tire to replace the existing 35 series. I talked to JimIII at JDM about it and he walked me through it. You'll want to go to either the manufacture or tirerack.com to get the revolutions per mile measurement for the new tire.

FWIW: When I reloaded the tune, the gear ratio and tire revolutions per minute were the only two things i COULD change. (I could have been looking in the wrong place, admittedly.)

Hope this helps,
Alan

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kenne Bell locks there tunes. Pretty sure you will have to return your x1 to KB for a new update

·
Registered
564 Posts
You have to return it to Kenne Bell. they will update your tune for a fee.
The tune is locked and you cant change any user defined settings on an XCal 1

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well, that kind of sucks.

I hate being nickle and dimed like that. I"m all for making a buck, but not like that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, and its more than just changing your gear ratio. From what I've read, the shift point is based on speed, so changing the gear ratio is not enough. I had to get a new tune from Bamachips when I got my 3.73 gears in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts