Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car 8 months, bought new 10 miles. I kept watching the intercooler reservoir and it never looked like any water was ever circulating. Water was always hot in bucket. My freinds Lightning intercooler pumps water in and out like you would not beleive. So I checked the pump and it seemed to be running. Got to looking further and the hoses to the pump were put on wrong. The pump was trying to push water up to the bucket and not pull from from it. So no circulation. I swapped the hoses and man what a difference. Water is flowing like crazy and its cool. Car runs much better when hot. After warming up if you dont see bubbles and water movment in reservoir, then you may have my problem. E mail me and I will tell you what to look for and how hoses should be routed. Now I can install the KB which came today.:cool:

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Came right from Ford that way?

UNBELIEVABLE!! You'd think that they know how to build the cars that they...uh....design?

Great technical post, thanks for the input.

Welcome to the site and best of luck with that KB mod. Good choice!

:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
dam u have a zo6 at the house too? must be nice!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Great first post! I went right out and checked mine after it got hot, yep, lots of flow. I wonder what will be the next imbecile build error that someone will catch? Maybe the line guys are underpaid?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts