Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to shed some light on this issue due to more and more intrest in running them. When I got mine, Bogart was the only company that I knew of that made a wheel specifically designed to clear Cobra brakes. Actually what they did was just weld on a spacer to the inside of the wheel. Are there any other options now? Are wheel spacers still the norm for making the wheels clear? Just trying to get some info for others. I myself opted to get the Bogarts without the wheel spacers. I run GT brakes, long studs and add a small spacer and have had no problems.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I will be running Weld Prostars, gonna have to put a spacer to clear the brakes.. I dont have the money for Bogarts.. but I hear they are the best out there!! You can get Areospace brakes, that are light, and anywheel will clear them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am swapping my Cobra brakes and IRS for GT brakes and Solid axle from a 01 GT this weekend. I plan to put Rodlites on the within the week or so. How much of a spacer did you have to use 96BlkCobra? Any grinding on the caliper?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts