Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chris,

I recently recieved one Brad's turbo kits and am actually waiting for one of your chips.;)

I thought it would be cool if you could tell us about some of the things you learned with all these turbo cars you've been tuning.:D

I know you told Brad that you could have got alot more out of a stock car if it were not for the weak motor. I plan on a built motor over next winter, do you have a tune already developed for this combo or would you need the car?

I'm interested in that 500rwhp/600rwtq he mentioned!:shocked

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
>Hey Chris,

>I recently recieved one Brad's turbo kits and am actually waiting >for one of your chips.

I am not trying to come off as a jerk.....

But, this is not a forum for JMS business......but I will answer the questions rather quickly.......but note.....I will not respond to future dealings on JMS business.

The short answer to your question is this......You would need to contact Brad concerning the chip and make sure that the order has been placed with JMS....it's a automated system thats online at www.jmschip.com. You out the form under the orders section and the order is filled....it's really easy to do.

>I thought it would be cool if you could tell us about some of the >things you learned with all these turbo cars you've been tuning.

I don't know what exactly you are looking for.....again this isn't a forum for JMS business......
I think Brad has his own forum somewhere called turbolocity or something of the sort....you would be better off asking those questions there....

I have been tuning/building turbo cars since 93'. I haven't seen anything majorly new since 95' concerning any of the kits on the market........also the way I tune them hasn't changed much in that time period.

>I know you told Brad that you could have got alot more out of a >stock car if it were not for the weak motor.

Hold on here.........something is out of context.

Weak motor.......I've never mentioned anything about a weak motor.

>I plan on a built motor over next winter, do you have a tune >already developed for this combo or would you need the car?

If you plan to go outside the stock turbo/engine design a custom chip is always the best choice......or a wideband is a wise investment.

For the Ford 2v's 96-01 6psi/8psi/10psi tuneups and the stock motor/t-64 are available (for 02 I'm still working on a fuel issue with the 10psi tuneup).

The main problem is fuel system.

>I'm interested in that 500rwhp/600rwtq he mentioned!

500rwhp/600rwtq.........again....I have no idea how to respond.

What engine, mods, downpipe, turbo......boost level, etc....it's hard to just throw around a number like that......it has to be qualified.

Ok....no more JMS business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Chris, I really didn't mean for it to be about business.

Just am interested in the tuning issues of a modern turbo car having now made the comittment.

What I meant about "weak" was the internals of the engine.

Brad did quote that figure once before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
>Sorry Chris, I really didn't mean for it to be about business.

No issue at all.......

I just don't think it's right to conduct business here.....basically what this is for is for some answers to specific questions.

A "kinda ask bernie type thing"........cept maybe with real world unbiased advice (as unbiased as I can be).

>Just am interested in the tuning issues of a modern turbo car >having now made the comittment.

Fuel and MAF

You will peg the maf easily, and if you use the 317 pump fuel can/will be a issue.

I am/have been working on solutions to both problems.......I was out of town near Miami for the last 10 days or so.......and of course now that I am back I have to catch up.....and then this weekend and the next I will be out of town.......so it makes the time needed to do the R&D non-existent.

But it will happen.....I want a solution that will work for every car...not just a custom solution...and that in itself invites more time to the equation.

>What I meant about "weak" was the internals of the engine.

Yes I would agree that the internals are weak......and that is a source of most failures.

With a turbo car your now going to make near DOUBLE the stock torque.......lots of force on stock stuff.

Congrats on making the turbo switch.......nothing better than big block torque on pump gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts