Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i get better Clamps for Discharge Tube and other places on my Blown GT..

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
:shootbird It is only the clamps fault when the mechanic doesn't fail tightening it.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
96blkcobra said:
:shootbird It is only the clamps fault when the mechanic doesn't fail tightening it.
Hey Mr. Rubber(RED)neck,
Clamps you use are too chessy for a Powerful Procharger...

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlackCobra99Va said:
Jimmy-

also check out this stuff, REALLY nice pieces, and color anodized too, but mucho $$$$$$

www.pi-thon.com

Jeff
Thank's Jeff..They got some trick stuff there..

·
Registered
885 Posts
t-bolt clamps

hi jimmy,
you can get those heavy duty "t-bolt" clamps from places that sell big truck and heavy equipment parts. they are about $5.00 a piece. they come in a bunch of different sizes. my friend used them to hold the 4" discharge tube on his d-3m procharger. they worked fine.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey Jim, If your still looking for good clamps, you should try the one's off a 2001 F350 Turbo diesel truck . I believe there 3" and are made to withstand high boost levels. Tomorrow Ill try to get a part #from my parts man. And Ill post it for anyone who's interested.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank's Part #'s would help ..:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jim, T-bolt clams are the only way to go. You can find some cheaper ones for around 3 bucks if you look around.

My only suggestion to anyone that uses them, is to take the nut off the end FIRST THING. And add a washer in there, so it aids the nuts ability to spread the load evenly. I know it's a small little detail, but it counts.

EA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts