Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 10.5 Outlaw race this weekend was awesome!
We raced the Yellow Cobra HEADS UP aginst a few fast Big Block Nitrous fed Chevy boys..We went to the final round around midnight Saturday night.. We had a good run aginst this old Nova with a big block he ran 9.75 I went 9.73. It was also real close on the tree. Damn them big blocks are loud at the other end of the track. Every pass the car made all day was in the 9.70-9.76 range.
We made around six runs and the car never went through the finish line with the blower belt on the car.
Man it was fun! But real hot here in Texas.
Rich

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Strictly Pro said:
The 10.5 Outlaw race this weekend was awesome!
But real hot here in Texas.
Rich
That's great and big congrads to Strictly. But I was told that you guys said that you were gonna be at Virginia Fun Ford this weekend and pulled a 'no-show'.

What's up with that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We worked on the car untill 2:30am the night before the Clash race. Virgina was the goal but with all the new roll cage Brake system, cooling system and other things that were done to the car it left us with no time to travel the 20 hrs to Virgina.
The car was certified by the NHRA chassis man on Saturday before the event. So when we do take the car a million miles from home we can run the car without any B.S from other racers that are haters, or tech officials that do not think it is so safe to run the car in the nines without the window net, pants ,gloves,helmet neck collar ect.ect.....
As for the Clash race atleast I got to do some real HEADS UP RACING! Man it has been to long for me. I havent had so much fun since FFW Dallas in 02.. Or the WFC6..
Where were all the other 03 Cobra's that have been running so fast on the keyboard ? I figure atleast one of them would have gone he race in Virgina? Let me tell you,I am glad the car is legal now if anything else..

We look forward to racing Heads Up in these cars soon. Guys put your heads togather and get out here.
Richard
Strictly Performance
Houson Texas

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Strictly Pro said:
So when we do take the car a million miles from home we can run the car without any B.S from other racers that are haters, or tech officials that do not think it is so safe to run the car in the nines without the window net, pants ,gloves,helmet neck collar ect.ect.....
Good point. Can't say that I blame you there.

Looking forward to seeing that beast run and meeting you guys at one of these events.

·
Registered
191 Posts
And they say that their is no substitute for cubic inches! :D How did those Chevy Big blocks like our little 281 C.I. Cobra's after that win??? :shocked :shocked

·
Registered
285 Posts
good job richard

so are u coming to the mod shootout to play

1 - 10 of 10 Posts