Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was shopping for my Cobra, I originally wanted to get an 04 Cobra and order it with Mach 1000, however you can only get the 1000 system on the GTs.

I read in the magazines the other day that CDC had a plug in upgrade that converts cars with the Mach 460 to the Mach 1000.

I just visited their website and the do indeed have a package, but its $1395!!!!!!!!

Thats a tad high I think, but damn I'd like to have it.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
When I was shopping for my Cobra, I originally wanted to get an 04 Cobra and order it with Mach 1000, however you can only get the 1000 system on the GTs.

I read in the magazines the other day that CDC had a plug in upgrade that converts cars with the Mach 460 to the Mach 1000.

I just visited their website and the do indeed have a package, but its $1395!!!!!!!!

Thats a tad high I think, but damn I'd like to have it.
1395 does sound steep...How much of an option is the Mach1000 on a GT..??

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've heard the mach 1000, they came out and did a demo for our club, and while it is about as good as any Ford stereo system, it really isn't that impressive for that price IMO. Besides the fact that it has a big tray in the trunk that pretty much eliminates what little cargo-carrying ability the car has. Seems to me that Crutchfield could help build you a better system for much less money.

Once again, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
VetEtr is right about it being a good factory sysytem but for $1200 you gat get a kick'n sub. I have the mach 460 and I had the local shop put in 2 10" JL subs in a custom box with a phoenix gold 700 watt amp and it sounds a hundred times better then the mach 1000. And by the way I sell fords so I am around the mach 1000 everyday so thats how I know my system sounds so much better, and all for about $900.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

By the way Brooks, I love you quote :lol :lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Personally, I don't think it's that expensive. My problem is that it takes up way too much trunk space and you can get way better stuff out there. I'm running a 320 watt 4-channel Crunch amp for the 4 5X7's inside then a Viper 1500 watt mono amp pushing 3 OZ Audio 10" subs. That setup sounds absolutely awesome. Cost more than the Mach1000 but sounds way better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts