Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took a trip to napa and dicovered that while driving slow with the windows down I have a clicking sound comming from the drivers side rear end. I noticed that the click is also present when I pulse the brakes as I come up to a stop. My frist thought is that it is a cross axis joint going south but I am not sure.

The IRS has a FTBR complete bushing kit, FTBR sway bar links, FTBR toe links (bumpsteer set correctly or course), H&R reds with HD bilstiens. Everything seems fine and shows no sign of movement. I am about to pull my hair out because I am tired of putting the car on jackstands and staring are each part like an idiot.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

· Registered
174 Posts
I recently took a trip to napa and dicovered that while driving slow with the windows down I have a clicking sound comming from the drivers side rear end. I noticed that the click is also present when I pulse the brakes as I come up to a stop. My frist thought is that it is a cross axis joint going south but I am not sure.

The IRS has a FTBR complete bushing kit, FTBR sway bar links, FTBR toe links (bumpsteer set correctly or course), H&R reds with HD bilstiens. Everything seems fine and shows no sign of movement. I am about to pull my hair out because I am tired of putting the car on jackstands and staring are each part like an idiot.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
I highly doubt it's the cross axis joint(s).

For starters I'd check the torque on the halfshaft to hub retaining nuts. Torque them to 240-250# with a deep 36mm socket. If you find either of them loose you most likely toasted your knuckle bearing if it was run too long in that condition. If it was run excessively in that condition that could easily have ruined your rear hub as well.

FWIW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.