Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Breaking ****
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR] I just installed a used built T45 in my 03. I was given a used ProMotion clutch/PP (believe the pressure plate is ACT, not sure on the disc). I installed a new FRPP steel flywheel, new pilot and throwout bearing from Ford. Car shifts fine, but i did have 5th gear pop out once while driving. I was hunting an oil leak the other day, so under the car while running, i slid back near the trans to inspect it while running since i noticed the fork was vibrating. I pushed the fork towards the back of the car and the vibration stopped since the TOB was barely to not touching the PP fingers now. Not sure if this is normal? Been awhile since i dealt with a manual trans. I put a carbarator spring on the fork to pull it away off the PP and the fork now doesnt vibrate.

· Registered
2,993 Posts
Since the pivot ball is stationary, the only thing that could make the clutch fork walk back and forth a little, is whatever sits against the TOB surface.

· Breaking ****
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since its a used clutch set up, i guess its possible, the plate was laying fingers down on a phonebook for a few months, must of deformed a little

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.