Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find the proper size clutch alignment tool or input shaft diameter.

I need a 26 spline clutch alignment tool. I'm going to be replacing my pilot bearing over thanksgiving weekend. I was going to buy one from Lethal but the shipping would cost more than the tool.

can this one be used? I know there is a 1-5/32" and a 1-1/8". Which one do we use?
RAM Automotive Clutch Alignment Tool 1 5/32" Diameter 26-Spline Plastic Black Ea | eBay

· un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid
2,453 Posts
You don't need one with splines on it, one that smooth and fits close to id of splines in disc will get you close as you need to be, I usally have to pry out on clutch arm to get it to click in that final 1/4" anyways.So just go to autozone,o'reilys or Advance auto parts and buy or rent one and you'll be fine, if you really need one I've got several.

AJ

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Can't bring myself to throw them away either. IMO you don't even need one. They are just a luxury. Did it for years without anything other than my eye. Worked great. The best part of the tool is it will hold the clutch up there while you put the pressure plate in.

· Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm a bit anal about these things and using the right tools lol. I'm just wondering what the diameter of our input shaft is so i know i get the right tool.

I think i'm going to replace my tob while i'm in there even though it only has about 2k miles on it. What's the difference between the F7ZZ7548AA and the M-7548-A? Part numbers are similar but the M-7548-A is advertised as the HD TOB. It costs twice as much. Is it worth the difference?

HVM on the TOB. Think i'm going to get the F7ZZ7548AA. Dagostino lists this one as the HD TOB as well... I haven't had any noise or TOB problems in the past as I've been able to adjust them properly.​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.