Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any first hand experiance.I'd like something better then stock but don't want any clutch chatter..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the Spec Stage 2 set-up w/ new style pressure plate thats the same clamping force as the Stage 3 but it comes w/ a full face disc. I absolutely love mine. NO CHATTER! EASY PEDAL! I was also told by Spec to get adjustable cable for proper adjustemnt of the release bearing. hope this helps ya! Jamie BTW i got a stock (new) flywheel with this!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Any first hand experiance.I'd like something better then stock but don't want any clutch chatter..
I have the SPEC Stage Two Disc and Stage Three Pressure plate. The new Stage Two kits have this combination already. The pedal feel is lighter than stock and there is no chatter. The clutch will slip enough to make for some interesting launches. Our stock flywheel is fine but I changed to a Fidanza while the transmission was apart the last time.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
While in Reynolds GA NMRA Event, the guy from SPEC showed me a pretty cool aluminum flywheel they make that has a replaceable "center section" that you replace instead of having the flywheel turned.

With it being aluminum, it should be a little easier off the line, and not so hard on the driveline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts