Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 cobra that has 20,000 miles on it with a factory clutch.
Recently Ive been going to the track alot. last week when I went I made a
pass and missed 3rd as I pulled off the track the car barely wanted to go in
to gear I figured the clutch was hot from the burnout so I parked it.
an hour later same thing. 3 days later it felt brand new again. the next day it
was back to shit.

Im trying to figure out if I need a new clutch, or if the cable needs to be adjusted,
or tranny problems? any help would be appreciated. upr x pipe, magnaflow exhaust 2.5 inch, upr pulley 2.8, diablo tune, jlt cold air. 440hp 460tq

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
1st thing: reach under the dash and pull up hard on the clutch pedal. You'll likely hear it click. Push it back down and release. Drive the car. The stock setup is self-adjustable and this is how you force it into adjustment.

2nd thing: purchase a quality aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster to replace the junk plactic factory pieces. Adjust to your preference and drive.

Stock clutch should hold up a good while at your level, assuming you don't slip the dickens out of it or beat on the car 24-7.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I hope its that simple. Thanks I appreciate it.
It is. The stock stuff is garbage. Absolutely the worst part of the car and anytime I meet anybody that buys one I tell them to get rid of it ASAP.

The stock Cable on the other hand is the best you can get so all you need is a firewall adjuster (the fiore one is nice) and the quad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is. The stock stuff is garbage. Absolutely the worst part of the car and anytime I meet anybody that buys one I tell them to get rid of it ASAP.

The stock Cable on the other hand is the best you can get so all you need is a firewall adjuster (the fiore one is nice) and the quad.
Where can one buy a ' fiore ' brand kit or just the adjuster & quad?
Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
deff. get adjuster, and +1 on factory cable. have tried others with bad results ie broken cables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts