Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rather than film some parking lot drifting at 100kph, or some snow doughnuts (as fun as those things are) I thought I'd film something that was a lot more realistic.
Today we had a nice bit of glare ice to put up with. The road freezes hard, but with snow top, you can still grip, but when it rains all that snow melts, and the ice remains, with water on top of it. In any case, I'm sure my vert misses Texas-
It's a recipe for death if you're not used to it, so here's a light hearted video to show you what it's like to run one of these beats, in the snow and cold-

http://www.bikemovies.com/movie/010543/

http://www.bikemovies.com/movie/010542/

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Haha yeah damn canada .. thank god i park mine :) did you ever get out ?

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha well if you look at both, it's not in a ditch, just sitting in the middle of the road. So I just shut er off, and slid the read end where I wanted it-

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hahah nice ... im so happy to have 4x4 in the winter we dont get the ice rain as much as you do out east but we sure get the cold.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cold's the name of the game, I wish sometimes that I didn't have to run the Vert in the snow, if it was a coupe, I really wouldn't mind. But times aren't conducive to having a winter beater, even like a 1991 CRX. I just can't. So the Cobra remains the daily driver. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to. At this point, with 115,000k on the clock, I don't see any need to spare the horses (or ponies as the case may be).

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh come on, who really needs constant sun, sand, beaches, tons of other Cobras, easy access to motorsport and.... oh right :weep:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Watching that first video of the car spinning without a driver made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Then I thought about an old Darwin Award story (happy birthday you old fart!).

Guy takes his brand new jeep out on an iced over lake to do some ice fishing. The preferred way to get through the ice (for this guy) was to use a stick of dynamite. Since the fuse was short, he decides to throw the dynamite instead of lighting it then running away before it explodes. As he throws it, his faithful Labrador Retriever goes after it thinking they are playing "Fetch". As the dog is bringing the lit stick of dynamite back, his master pulls out a shotgun and shoots at the dog. Scared, the dog runs under the brand new Jeep to hide. BOOM! Dog is dead and the Jeep is at the bottom of the lake. Insurance refuses to pay because the damage was the result of an illegal act. Only 59 more payments to go. Since "master" didn't die doing something stupid, he did NOT get the Darwin Award. 2 major disappointments in one day.
:rofl:

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, I'll bet the dog was pissed!
Happily the nearest lake is about 300 yards from where the car was sitting, with a new/old growth pine forest between the two. And heck, I think if she did get herself out of there, I would've been proud :tip:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts