Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my trans out the other day for some repairs and i notice my driver side head was painted blue an passenger head was the normal alum. color i bought this car new and its only been the shop one time for warranty work an that was just a couple of o2 sensors. Just wondered if this was normal or if maybe it was changed out at the plant before delivery to the dealership?

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
normal, that is an updated head

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
But its not the updated head. I think there was 3 or 4 upgraded in total. There is a post by I think Livernois on here that talks about the stages of the upgraded heads. Oil passages were changed, cooling passages were changed, spark plug threads were changed and not all at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Yes, that blue stripe doesn't seem to mean anything. I had the very first updated head, and it had a blue stripe on it, too.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
x2

That is not the updated head, the blue strip means nothing. My car has the blue strip and my car ticks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Kinda curious about that myself blue strip on mine, no tick. The car was purchased used.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
actually.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the NEW HEADS?
These are the numbers I have for the latest heads.
Left side head: # 2C5Z-6049-BAB
Right side head: # 2C5Z-6049-CAB

·
Registered
124 Posts
where can I find the part # on the heads. Ford replaced my motor last october but was unable to tell me if my heads are the updated ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts