Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a cobra R spoiler for my '03. Stupid me didn't order the '03 without a spoiler. Do I need to get a trunk lid from an earlier 'Stang because of the third brake light? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes you do, make sure all the hadware fit. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but never get around to it, good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey there

I did the very thing you are talking about. Once you take off the old spoiler there will be 9 holes. You can use 2 of those holes for the R spoiler, and you'll need to drill 2 new ones. That still leaves you w/ 7 holes. I chose to have them filled. It was pretty costly and if I were to get it done again I would've prolly would just buy a new decklid.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
almost forgot - you'll have to get a 3rd brakelight from a v6 or gt, ford sells them for $80 i think. You'll also have to be creative w/ a dremel tool (or something similar) to make the new light fit. And the stock harnesses will not work together either. You'll have to cut and splice, its only 2 wires so its super easy.

I can get some b4 and after pics if you want of the light cutting. Just let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts