Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see allot of lightning guys mention adding a cobra R water pump for more power?? can we do the same?? whats the advantage?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think it takes less power to turn., So mo mo .hp
I use the mertiz ele. and i know i spelt that wrong :(* :shocked

·
Registered
246 Posts
I dynoed the Cobra R waterpump and electric fan on my L doing a before and after and saw very little gains for what it costs.The best little hidden secret i have seen is going from a stock thermostat to a hypertech 160,on my L and cobra i picked up 8HP and 8Torque across the entire power band for only $20.00 and air-fuel dropped around .3 also!

Joe,
Welcome to the board:shootbird

·
Registered
246 Posts
Joe,
I just spoke with Matt and he is getting ready to install his K.B right now and he was wanting to get up with you incase he has any questions during the install.He has his blower off now so he should be done later this afternoon if everything goes well!Later

Matt

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
HIGH ROLLER said:
Joe,
I just spoke with Matt and he is getting ready to install his K.B right now and he was wanting to get up with you incase he has any questions during the install.He has his blower off now so he should be done later this afternoon if everything goes well!Later

Matt
No problem.......give him my cell phone number and let him know I am available this weekend...........only if I get to take it for a test drive after the install :evil :evil

OK......back to water pumps.........:p

--Joe

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
When I put my Meziere pump on my Cobra. The factory pump on our 03 is the same as a Cobra R Pump. So that should answer the ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
00 Cobra R, 01 Cobra & 03 Cobra all use the same pump.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm ok thanks for the info on the R pump....i didnt know it was the same as ours.......next question is where can i read up on this mezeire pump??? im figuring its eletric???

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
It's spelled meziere. Try typing that into google. You'll get all the info you can stomach.

And, yes they are electric.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts