Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the differences in the 96-03 cobra throttle bodies?. The intake I want calls for an 99-01 cobra tb. Would any of them work?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
curious about this too, im probably gonna buy a trickflow intake and not sure what throttle body to use, they were saying to use the twin 57mm off a 96-98 cobra

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
throttle cable should be the same.. As i have had 96 cobra tb, mach tb, bullitt tb, and an accufab mach, and accufab 96cobra..

the difference is, the later cars, like machs and cobras, have a hole in the tb so the idle air control works...

on the cobras, and bullits, its mounted on the manifold, so there are no holes in the tb.

·
Registered
281 Posts
throttle cable should be the same.. As i have had 96 cobra tb, mach tb, bullitt tb, and an accufab mach, and accufab 96cobra..

the difference is, the later cars, like machs and cobras, have a hole in the tb so the idle air control works...

on the cobras, and bullits, its mounted on the manifold, so there are no holes in the tb.
Is the outside diameter of the 98-98 cobra TB, Bullitt TB, and 99-01 TB all the same? I'm trying to fab up some intercooler piping and need a discharge tube. I was wondering if i could pick one from any car and have it fit.

·
doing it with a 2v..
2,589 Posts
yeah, i used the same gasket, have then all on my logan manifold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts