Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
I tried a set of Screaming Demon coils packs on my 96, along with a boost-a-spark. Between the two of them, my high rpm ignition problem was repaired. I think they are around $99 for the set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Chad Brooks said:
I tried a set of Screaming Demon coils packs on my 96, along with a boost-a-spark. Between the two of them, my high rpm ignition problem was repaired. I think they are around $99 for the set.
Of course Chad would never agree with me on the same manufacturer so I will say that any aftermarket coils will have a higher saturation point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
LOL, I was just sharing my experience. That is just what I happen to run on my car. I am sure they all work well. MSD has a set out now too I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
:shootbird Don't clean up that shop too good before dyno day. I may want to browse around and bid on some used parts.:evil :hammer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coil Packs

No Limit Racing said:
The saturation point on the Accell coils is higher than the stock coils.
Can you expand on that answer a little?

This is good how and why…

What does it do for me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coil Packs

Ayrton said:
Can you expand on that answer a little?

This is good how and why…

What does it do for me?
saturation is the point when the coil can no longer fire fast enough to keep up with the RPM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coil Packs

No Limit Racing said:
saturation is the point when the coil can no longer fire fast enough to keep up with the RPM.
At what RPM does this happen with the stock packs?

What RPM does the Accel pack run out of steam?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
Mike,

What do you think about the coil on plug vs. the coil packs? When me and Tim put my car back together in a couple of weeks we were thinking of slapping on the coil on plug instead of the coilpacks. What do you think?

Thanks,
Ashley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
cammin 4.6 said:
Mike,

What do you think about the coil on plug vs. the coil packs? When me and Tim put my car back together in a couple of weeks we were thinking of slapping on the coil on plug instead of the coilpacks. What do you think?

Thanks,
Ashley
the coil on plug is definetely more efficient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
Thanks Mike...I wonder why more of the faster cars don't convert to the coil on plug.

Ashley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
cammin 4.6 said:
Thanks Mike...I wonder why more of the faster cars don't convert to the coil on plug.

Ashley
Alot of people dont know you can with a spped-pro. And if you were still running a stock computer it would be a pain in the arse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
No Limit Racing said:
Alot of people dont know you can with a spped-pro. And if you were still running a stock computer it would be a pain in the arse.
I'm sure you know that Tim can find a way around the problems with the stock computer!!!

Thanks,
Ashley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
cammin 4.6 said:
I'm sure you know that Tim can find a way around the problems with the stock computer!!!

Thanks,
Ashley
There really isnt a problem. you just have to swap the EEC and harness then turn the PATS off. It is just a pain in the butt.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top