Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Got a question. Shop has had my car for almost 6 weeks for installing Aeromotive Fuel tank, larger fuel lines, 55# injectors, Aeromotive digital controller, and a new tune. Well, they've been working on the tune for the last 4 weeks. I had tried the car out initially and it ran like crap at part throttle for the few minutes I had it. I refused to take it like that. The shop says that under cold start, the fuel trim is way too rich and that once the car reaches 150 deg, it'll run better. They say that the tune of the 'Cold start program' cannot be altered with conventional tuning. Anyone know about this? I wish there were an EEC-V book out there somewhere.

dave

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It can be altered with a reflash....I did it this week on a heavily cammed car..Drove like chit cold..Added timing and pulled fuel off the base table.Drives like a bone stock car...

Also,you have hooker headers..Your 02's need to be modified..been there done it...I fought that crap until I figured it out.

Btw,car made 535rwhp 493TQ with less then 10psi and a S-trim...

Dave,Im hating life for you....I hope they get it going for you.What a bitch.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
i know this isn't much help for you but...
i am running the 55lbs with a fast system. and my car doesn't run too well when cold, as soon as it warms up and goes into closed loop it runs like a stocker. i have heard of some people having problems with the 55lbers tune wise. like tim says, hope they figure it out soon, that is a damn long time to be tuning on a car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
DaveRam said:
Hi guys! Got a question. Shop has had my car for almost 6 weeks for installing Aeromotive Fuel tank, larger fuel lines, 55# injectors, Aeromotive digital controller, and a new tune. Well, they've been working on the tune for the last 4 weeks. I had tried the car out initially and it ran like crap at part throttle for the few minutes I had it. I refused to take it like that. The shop says that under cold start, the fuel trim is way too rich and that once the car reaches 150 deg, it'll run better. They say that the tune of the 'Cold start program' cannot be altered with conventional tuning. Anyone know about this? I wish there were an EEC-V book out there somewhere.

dave
Depending on what they are using to tune your car, if the software has the ability they can go up on the low slope injector numbers to lean it out at idle and down low.

·
Registered
300 Posts
david99fobra said:
i know this isn't much help for you but...
i am running the 55lbs with a fast system. and my car doesn't run too well when cold, as soon as it warms up and goes into closed loop it runs like a stocker. i have heard of some people having problems with the 55lbers tune wise. like tim says, hope they figure it out soon, that is a damn long time to be tuning on a car.
on yours go to the VE fuel vs ect and you can lean it out upon startup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! The tuner told me he expects to be getting new software this week that he hopes will be able to deal with this problem. He has never tuned 55# injectors before and says that usually he goes straight to the 83#ers and a stand alone management system. He told me that had i given it a chance to warm up properly, I would have found the idle acceptable. The thing is, my car has always idled well right from the get-go, and it always started perfectly from the first key-turn. I loved being spoiled. I'll follow up this thread with any feedback I get from the Shop this week.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts