Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post something and keep things alive around here...
I had several things that I was hoping to get tested on the car before the cold weather hit but nothing got done and now I'm going stir crazing thinking about what can't get done till next spring.

1. I converted the boost control from the eboost2 to the MSPro so I need to dial in the upper level boost settings. I've already run it at 20psi with the MSPro but it was sporadic (varies within 3psi) compared to the eboost2 (varies within 0.3psi at 32psi).
2. I wanted to test the auto shifting program on the Quick4 at the upper RPM, 6800-7400. Up until now I've manually shifted around 5800-6200.
3. I wanted to get it back on the dyno and dial in more boost to get another 50hp to 950hp.

The day I did a road test to test #1 and #2 I discovered that the meth pump wouldn't prime (worked four weeks before) so never got to test anything. I spent a week diagnosing the meth pump issues and during this time I pondered replacing it for $180 or simply get rid of the meth since the car runs on E85 anyway. Of course it's better to not use the meth and I'd rather have a tune w/o it so I called The Shop to see if Chad can get me in but he was booked up and then it got cold outside.

So here I ponder and wait for the day I can test the shift program and get it retuned at 35-40psi..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ks

·
Administrator
9,775 Posts
Kevin, the power you currently make and the additional power you will make at mid-30 psi levels is almost certainly not possible to use off-track. As you have observed in the past, your car is predominately an off-track attitude adjustment vehicle. Continuing to push the boost and power upward shortens the useful life of the engine without adding any real driving enhancements because of the challenge of hooking up on the street — just saying ...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin, the power you currently make and the additional power you will make at mid-30 psi levels is almost certainly not possible to use off-track. As you have observed in the past, your car is predominately an off-track attitude adjustment vehicle. Continuing to push the boost and power upward shortens the useful life of the engine without adding any real driving enhancements because of the challenge of hooking up on the street — just saying ...
I know. I'm preparing the car to hit the track sometime next year so I want to get it all dialed in for that day.

ks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean an upgrade to a trans brake is on the horizon ...
I would highly consider it if it would be full auto-shifting while going down the track so the Quick4 does the shifting. So far nobody makes one of these only full auto-shifting while cruising b/c when using the t-brake the shifter needs to be in low 1 which defeats the use, and my desire, for the Q4. I've contacted PA and Lentec but no-go.

I'm hoping that Dan Gilsdorf (Silverfox) will surprise me with one since we have a way to make it idiot proof and still be full auto-shifting.

ks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts