Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the two? Is anyone running the Mutha Thumpers? Any valve train problems after running them? I'm looking for a set of cams and cant decide between the FRPPs, the Mutha Thumpers, and the regular Thumpers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a set of the Thumpr cams going in this week. I'll post the results after. I had the same questions when choosing my cams. I think the Mutha Thumpr cams require ported heads. (from the Comp Cams website if I recall)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the website just says the Mutha Thumpers make more power past 4900....I'm just wondering if there is going to be a greater valve spring longevity with the bigger cam.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I got the mutha thumpers that should be going in next weekend. Along with some other parts. As soon as they are in and I get it dyno tuned I'll post some results. I hope they work or it's alot of trouble for nothing. I mainly wanted them for some power and mostly the sound.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I got the mutha thumpers that should be going in next weekend. Along with some other parts. As soon as they are in and I get it dyno tuned I'll post some results. I hope they work or it's alot of trouble for nothing. I mainly wanted them for some power and mostly the sound.
Cool, please do! I looked all over YouTube for a 3v with these cams, but no luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
From what I understand, the Mutha Thumpers are NSR cams. Would they benefit from upgraded springs? I might being doing this next year. My car gets raced a lot, I'm leary of a cam this lumpy without springs.

If I do decide to go with springs, is there a better set of SPR cams?

·
Registered
929 Posts
A couple of weeks ago Doug Studdard(BamaChips and Codi at Stang hi) installed the drop in NSR Mutha Thumper in his car. They got 32 rwhp gain. There was a good video on it at Youtube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts