Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never heard of COmp turbo's, are they any good and does the company stand behind their product? Looking to possibly purchase one of the CT43 80mm turbo's.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
yes they are nice and quick spooling turbos. they have aluminum center housings that are water cooled and have triple ball bearings. they also can be ordered with billet compressor wheels. sick turbos imo

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!

· Registered
1,376 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, I'm going to give one a shot.

· Registered
1,376 Posts

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Your pics answered another question on hot or where to add a support bracket to hold up the turbo. What headers are you runnng? A friend pointed me towards CG Fabrication for their header/hot pipe kit.
Is it necessary or better to run coolant through the turbo if it has the option to do so?

· Registered
1,376 Posts
The kit I'm running is a Hellion single. Running the water cooling allows you to hot shutdown the turbo without letting it cool down because fluid will be running through it keeping the bearings cool.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
the only advantage running coolant through the turbo is to prevent oil from coking up in the center housing. It extends durability. CGFabrication is awesome, thats what im running

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool i'm going to run there 4V hotside kit, did you go stainless? Did you wrap the pipes?

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Na ive got the mild steel kit and it looks great. i havent got the engine in the car yet though, but im planning to just have everything jet hot coated so it doesnt rust. i dont like messing with all the heat wrap. I had it on the hellion kit I used to run but didnt like using it

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might just do the same thing, go mild steel and jethot it. I was told that the wrap can hold moisture causing rust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.