Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me settle a little "disagreement" I'm having on another board:

(un-named) poster says he sees BONE-STOCK Mustang GT's (down to the paper filter & stock tires) run 13.6 in the 1/4 all the time. I go to the same track as he does, and see mid-to-high 14's or worse. (Keep in mind that when I talk to these same folks in the staging-lanes, the terms "slipping the clutch" & "power-shifting" draw blank stares...) I've seen a few run high 13's, but they're ALWAYS modded with gears/shifter/x or h-pipe/etc.

I personally think the typical GT can run ~ 13.8 - 14.0 stock (with the right driver), but that the "average" owner will never see this kind of time without a lot of practice, stickier tires and/or lower gears.

What kind of times have you run (or seen run & can verify the car was STOCK) when your '99+ GT was completely un-modified???

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My 99GT Auto ran a best of 14.19 @ 96 Stock

·
Registered
331 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
My 99GT Auto ran a best of 14.19 @ 96 Stock
Yea, but you suck...non-drivin' fewl.

A REAL driver could have managed 11.0's EASY.

:p

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I have only had the chance to run 4 times when my motor was completely stock. And I ran a 13.73 as my best, I was consistently under 14.0's though. Since the modmax I havent ran it. I would imagine running poorer times because I have yet to tune it. Oh and I was on slicks borrowed from a buddy of mine. hope that helps. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
My best Stock time was 14.3 It was also my first time at the track and it was 100+ out. I have no doubt now that I could drive a stock GT 5spd into the 13s.

·
Registered
227 Posts
in my (ex) wifes stock auto 00 GT we went a best of 14.2 @96. leaving it in D on stock gatorbacks. a couple weeks later in my car (with pulleys and exhaust) my non driving ass went 13.9 on stock tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts