Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS, I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BUILD, ALMOST DONE WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THAT I WANNA KNOW WHAT IS A GOOD COMPRESSION FOR TURBO\NITROUS. I HEARD 8.5-1 WILL HANDLE A LOT OF BOOST BUT WILL HURT ME SINCE I WON'T BE ABLE TO SPOOOL UP THE TURBOS QUICK ENOUGH WITH THE NITROUS. SO WHAT COMPRESSION SHOULD I GO WITH IN ORDER TO MAKE MY CAR GET UP FROM THE LOWER RPM'S TO BUILDING BOOST QUICKER????:scare:

·
Centrifuged
736 Posts
I have 9.5:1, which was recommended for my TT's. I would stay between 9-9.5.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's Exactly The Compression I Was Looking For, But Again I Say Will That Help Me Build Up Boost When I'm In The Lower Rpm's. I Really Don't Want To Use The Nitrous If I Don't Have To.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh And If You Don't Mind Me Asking, Where Did You Get Your Rear Wheels From. I've Been Searching For Some Wider Mach 1 Wheels But The Only Thing I Could Find Was Either In Chrome Or They Were Too Different From The Originals.

·
Centrifuged
736 Posts
That's Exactly The Compression I Was Looking For, But Again I Say Will That Help Me Build Up Boost When I'm In The Lower Rpm's. I Really Don't Want To Use The Nitrous If I Don't Have To.
Yes it will help. 1st/2nd are useless on the street. :bigwink:

Oh And If You Don't Mind Me Asking, Where Did You Get Your Rear Wheels From. I've Been Searching For Some Wider Mach 1 Wheels But The Only Thing I Could Find Was Either In Chrome Or They Were Too Different From The Originals.
I searched for months for those wheels. AFS does not make them anymore so you have to find someone who is selling their's used. I have a full chrome set for sale though haha (probably one of the one's you've found).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts