Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got word from Ford, the compression is low on #6 cylinder and a bit low on #5 they offered me to fix it for 1600.00 due to this bad eco. I am going to ask them if they can put in a set of cam's in as well or grind those down a bit to get a bit more HP. You guys think that sounds like a plan?

Another thing i found kind of interesting/ funny. I was driving down the road a few weeks ago (3 to 4) and saw a pigeon on the road thought it would move but it didint in time, as i drove away i looked in the rearview mirrior and saw a lot of feathers, i felt bad for a minute but continued w/ life. Well long story short i took my car in today for the compression test, and guess what they found stuck on my radiator? **5 points to who ever guesses** ahaha

·
Registered
89 Posts
What made you decide to get a compression check?

The price to fix the low compression depends on the cause. Is it coming from the head or the piston? Did they follow the compression test with a leak down test?

I would not trust the dealer to suggest/install cams. don't you have a reputable speed shop clost to you? where do you live?

Jerome

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What made you decide to get a compression check?

The price to fix the low compression depends on the cause. Is it coming from the head or the piston? Did they follow the compression test with a leak down test?

I would not trust the dealer to suggest/install cams. don't you have a reputable speed shop clost to you? where do you live?

Jerome
I Heard a knocking sound in the motor. Sounded like a exhaust leak but it wasint that.
It is the driver side head one of the springs is broken, I see it as might as well have some head work done.

There are several places around here but i dont know of any REAL good ones.

I live in Montebello, CA in Los Angeles County.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Heard a knocking sound in the motor. Sounded like a exhaust leak but it wasint that.
It is the driver side head one of the springs is broken, I see it as might as well have some head work done.

There are several places around here but i dont know of any REAL good ones.

I live in Montebello, CA in Los Angeles County.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
There's Danny Banh in Whittier and Greg from Racer's Edge Tuning in Downey.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have Jack Abraham at Muscle Motors do the repairs and have Greg at Racers Edge Tuning do the tune. Tell them both I sent you.

Jerome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.