Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black on black 93 coupe that is getting an 04 Mach 1 Motor. I also have a 04 Mach 1 wiring harness for the car. I am missing the Mach 1 PCM. Every 04 cobra, mach 1, marauder, and aviator computer have different part numbers. To make thing more difficult there is also different part numbers for auto and manual transmissions. Even the flash for the computer have different part numbers

Does anyone know if I can use another year or model computer to get my car up and running?. I will have the car tuned later on so its not a big issue if the tune is off. The new PCM's are very expensive from ford.

Secondly, the auto PCM will work and run my car but there is a idle suge when coming to a stop. It has something to do with an auto trans computer and my car being a 5 speed.

TIA

Ryan

·
Registered
352 Posts
The pinouts are pretty much the same except some extras for the auto transmission. I wired my car and spent LOTS of time in the Ford wiring manuals (I used 01 Cobra electronics). I think about any of them can be programmed to run your manual Mach 1. You might have to do some tweeking, like adjusting the idle parameters and auto shift parameters. The 04 Cobra has some extra stuff for the IAT2 and boost control, which you won't want (or want to pay for). I would think an 04 (or even back to 02 - I think Ford changed something then) GT, Marauder, Mach 1 or even Crown Vic PCM should work fine, with some tinkering.

I'm going to be exploring this in more detail soon as I think I'm switching to an auto this winter.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to put in a 99-01 cobra ecu, but I'm not even sure if it will physically bolt up. I dont have the funds that a lot of people have doing these swaps so money is a concern.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I haven't mixed and matched harness's and computers myself, but from my reading here (and i've done alot), it's usually easiest to keep the computer and the harness from the same car.
Meaning that if you use the 99 cobra ecu, you should also use the harness to save headaches.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with my tuning guy and a friend running a 9 sec mod fox. He said the only part needed is the engine and computer harness. I can use pretty much any computer with some pin out rewiring. I will be running a 99 cobra ecu and 04 Mach harness. There is no need for the instrument cluster providing you disable PATS. This will require a tach driver and a older transmission for the speedo cable hookup. My friends mod fox uses a 01 harness 03 Mach computer and tranny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts