Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just felt like posting and giving Hammer the credit he deserves. His KB car is truely amazing. After a few beers at Hooters, I got the opportunity to go for a ride in his car, and damn that thing pulls!

Running a best of 11.1x at the shootout, and that was definately a 10 sec passed, the air was horrible. All the cars seemed to be a few tenths off.

Congrats Bro, get some seat time, and good weather that thing will run 10s easy

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Someone mentioned that car had cams...is that true?

I'm sorry I didn't make it over there to introduce myself Hammer, I always enjoy your posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Nicely done! Glad to see a KB laying down some times in the real world. Makes it tougher to keep the eaton. Gotta give a small nitrous shot a try first though!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Thanks for the words, Eric. I appreciate it.

I went straight to the shootout after getting the car done and had no chance to take it down the track even once before hand.

I made two passes and couldn't get it to run worth a $hit, spinning all the way through second gear and short shifting.

Or, as my good friend Jimmy V would say, "Hammer drives like ass".

So another good friend, Jim D'Amore took my car down the track and put up a somewhat more respectable number for me, although he came back and said, "DAMN! I dead hooked and bogged...I could have come out harder and run a few tenths faster"

Unfortunately, people complained (understandably so) and the track officials wouldn't let the car make another pass.

I am still grateful for having the opportunity at NTR to make a couple of preliminary passes with the new tune and setup.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Nice 60ft! If it's not getting too personal, can you share the launch technique on that pass or was it Jim driving? Anyway, sweet run.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I have an appointment on August 15th with one of the best chassis guys in the country - Joey Gambino.

He's doing a custom cage for my car that will be like no one has ever seen before. That's all I'm going to say for now. Stay tuned, more to come.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
stlblack03 said:
Okay I no longer enjoy your posts :lol
Sorry, dude. I couldn't resist. Just joking with you and laughing that someone is saying that I have aftermarket cams.

Gossip cracks me up!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
sambandit said:
Nice 60ft! If it's not getting too personal, can you share the launch technique on that pass or was it Jim driving? Anyway, sweet run.
Dude, I got no problem sharing anything with the fellas online. You don't want my launch technique, it will yield you 1.90's.

Last year I went 1.75 on my first drag radial pass with an 03 Cobra. At the time, I had lots of seat time in the car and was well versed at launching.

Jim D'Amore made that pass and he was not impressed with the run. He is well versed at taking mid 10-second 03 Cobras with stock tranny down the track and knows how to run them. But for a hot, muggy day, he did good for the first pass. He was anxious as hell to make another because he knew he could do a lot better. It would have been nice to put up a deep 10-second time during the shootout but it wasn't in the cards. It'll happen soon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
HAMMER said:
I have an appointment on August 15th with one of the best chassis guys in the country - Joey Gambino.

He's doing a custom cage for my car that will be like no one has ever seen before. That's all I'm going to say for now. Stay tuned, more to come.
Hammer,
You have a nice car and all, but it's your damn DEEP POCKETS I'd like a piece of!!!!
Nice Runs man!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
03snake said:
Hammer,
You have a nice car and all, but it's your damn DEEP POCKETS I'd like a piece of!!!!
Nice Runs man!
Trust me, man...if you have an 03 Cobra and a Kenne Bell, my pockets aren't much deeper than yours.

The custom cage isn't costing anywhere near what you might be thinking. I've been a Gambino customer for years and he takes care of me.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Nice to finally meet you Rich!! Your car laid down some very impressive times and I have to say I was very impressed. Congrats

Chad

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
96blkcobra said:
Nice to finally meet you Rich!! Your car laid down some very impressive times and I have to say I was very impressed. Congrats

Chad
It was great to meet you too, Chad and thanks for the words. You guys are a lot of fun to hang out with and I look forward to another session soon.

Rich

G

·
Man...I am missing out on alot of fun guys. Thanks for posting...my life just isnt allowing me right now to hang and race. Congrats Hammer! Glad all is going well....Jim knows how to take those cars down without breaking them...Hopfully I will get to hang out with all of you one of these days.

Peace,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts