Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to improve my horrid 60' times and ran across Granatelli rear upper and lower control arms.

Is anyone running these on a '99 and up GT? Are they worth the $$. If not - does anyone have a suggection on which ones to buy?

·
Registered
90 Posts
a lot of people run the steeda upper and lower arms, but many people have said that MMS is the best.

http://maximummotorsports.com

I don't know any answers from experience, but I'm just repeating what I have heard.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If your gonna be a serious Drag Racer, then check out UPR Pro Series Rear Suspension.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got the Granatelli solid uppers and lowers in the mail today. I am installing them this weekend...I will let you know. However, unless you are not going to be adjusting your pinion angle much there is no need to get adjustable uppers. And if you arent going to be messing with your wheelbase...no need for adjustable lowers. For the guy who just wants to address the flex and bind associated with the stock control arms and bushings, solid control arms will work out great. You will get a firmer launch and it will cure your wheel hop/tire spin blues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

twokingsracer - Looking forward to hearing what you think about the Granatelli's.

·
Registered
802 Posts
UPR makes good stuff. I have the Steeda uppers and lowers on my car and it squats pretty good. There is probably better control arms out there though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i know quite a few people who love the global west lower control arms. not as big of a commpany as the others mentioned, but i hear as a stand alone lower control arm (no need for panhard bars or upper controls) they are the best by far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered X2C Motorsports UCAs and LCAs for $139 Total shipped to my door. You can't beat that deal.

I also ordered CGS subframes for $56 shipped off ebay.

All products are brand new and I have spoken to people who run 1.5 60' on the same set-up with et streets and 1.6 on drag radials.

For $195 total I'd look into it.

If I could just pull off 1.8 or 1.9 60' times I would be a happy camper.

Howard

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have seen the X2C...and probably would have tried them but they had pulled all their auctions off of ebay when I was ordering.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run Hotchkis uppers and Metco lowers on my car both non-adjustable. The Metcos are a work of art but they are a bit pricey for average Joe racer. They llist at like $500, but I got mine for $200 at last years motorsport nationals. No matter which arm you go with you cant go wrong, any solid or tubular arm will stiffen up the suspension and allow less deflection in the axle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cobra99Dave -

Nice times, do you drive this car on the street often (daily driver)?
What kind of 60' times and on what tires?

I'll have to keep an eye out for you when I am cruising the Blvd up and back to work. I'll be the guy in the slow looking white convertible, SLEEPER.

Hopefully I don't see you before I get my new mods installed.
(UCAs, LCAs, subframes, 3.25" pulley, 03 Cobra pump, Magnapack 2.5" catback)
j/k

Howard:evil

·
Registered
226 Posts
Howard, I do drive the car often but not everyday. I just got back from the modular shootout with it and got 23mpg over 900 miles with the 4.56's. The time in my sig was done on 26x8 MT slicks launching at 5K, 60 ft was 1.76. Later in the day I launched her at 6600 and got a 1.62 60 ft but my trans wouldnt coopertate and go into 4th gear. So I know theres a 12.20 or 12.teen in the car I just havent done it yet. Usually I prowl around on BFG drag radials which I have run as fast as 12.55 on. I'm ussually hanging out more down towards Delaware County so you wont run into me up there too often. But you never know ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm glad you don't cruise around on ET Streets, a 1.62 60', I'd still be at the light looking like :jawdrop

where'd he go?

At least until I get some sticky tires and install my UCAs and LCAs.

I still would like to see if my BFG KDs are sticky on the street?

Howard

·
Registered
130 Posts
I personally wouldn't touch the X2C arms.

Look at the welds on the uppers:

I'd go with UPR. Good quality, good price. I have their uppers and lowers and will be adding the anti roll bar soon.

Ken

·
Registered
100 Posts
What about the welds?

·
Registered
130 Posts
That wasn't such a good pic. Here's a pic THEY took

Look at that weld on the sway bar mount!!!! Looks like a high school project.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't care if they are not pretty, as long as they work.

For $139 I felt it was worth a try, hopefully they work as well as I have been told.

I'll post up after they are installed.

Howard

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have gms upper and lowers, actually my car has more wheelspin now but maybe because im running gatorbacks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
kozumasbullitt said:
i have gms upper and lowers, actually my car has more wheelspin now but maybe because im running gatorbacks.
Wow...thats a first. But you do have to have good, sticky tires to see the main benefit of aftermarket rear control arms.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah im just putting more power to crappy tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts