Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
You should visit tccoa.com. I would recommend a 05-09 TR3650 (puts the shifter in the center of stock console) with the stock Supercoupe master and pedal assembly. I used all mustang hydralics in my conversion and it was alot of fabrication. This swap is a lot of work in a tbird so you have been warned.

Will

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i figured it would be tough, but will that transmission bolt up to my engine? and about how long from the time the car was unable to drive to when you pulled it out of the garage? im lookin to maybe get it done in a weekend and a day of full work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The TR3650 bolts up just fine. All modular transmissions will. It took me two years to get mine running just because i didn't have much time to work on it and no garage. I can guarantee this is not a weekend swap, its too much fabrication work even if you go with the t45.

Will

·
Administrator
9,775 Posts
If you take any 4.6L Mustang manual transmission and its bell housing it is a direct bolt up to any 4.6l block except the FWD Lincoln Continental blocks. You can not put a manual transmission from a RWD vehicle into a FWD vehicle. The transverse engine mount precludes the use of a traditional manual transmission from a RWD vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts