Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Which Cold Air Intake do you use?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All these manufactures claim that they make the best Cool Air Intake set-up. This one gives 25 more HP, this one can give you 40, blah blah blah...

I currently have a MAC, but now that I purchased a new KB 2.8h, I know that I need to upgrade my MAF, and air Intake.

I'm just curious to find out what the rest of you guys are using and what helped you make that choice. I don't want to purchase the wrong one, and then be limited when I get to the dyno.

Thanks for the suggestions.....

-Steve

·
Registered
952 Posts
I know my friend on here is running the MAC with his 3.4 and his friend with 3.4 at 23psi is running one to and made around the same numbers you made before with the stock inlet and MAF housing. I also have the MAC and I honestly think it is the reason my torque picked up so much from the 10" powerstack I was running before. I felt a SOP diff with it. It is the only filter I know of with a velocity stack on it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
All depends on the HP level your going to be at.
It's not about how much an intake can gain you at this point as your far from stock, it's about what intake can flow enough air to support the HP and do you want the filter under the hood or in the fenderwell.
We have many intakes that can work on stockers up to 8-900RWHP.

Jay

·
un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid
2,448 Posts
for big hp and boost JLT big air ALL THE WAY

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
12" filter with a JLT RAI tube is all you need!

·
Registered
217 Posts
mine is a hybrid. the tube is jlt, the shield is k&n fipk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My plan is definately to use a 12" filter in the fender, keep is away as far from the motor as possible. I also plan on purchasing a #3000 MAF. The HP is going to be around 700 RWHP (I hope). Since this is a 2.8, I just want to make sure that I don't run into a "air restriction" problem. The MAC set-up that I currently have was for the stock Eaton @ 15lbs. Time for the upgrade.... I was leaning more and more towards the JLT, but a SCT MAF.

Thanks again for the input. When it comes to this, I just want to make the right purchase the first time. It's better for me to have more than enough air, then to find out I don't have enough.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
12" filter with a JLT RAI tube is all you need!
How the hell do you guys fit a 12" filter in the space? I have a 2.2 KB with an SCT BA 3000 and there's no way in hell i would be able to fit a 12" in there. I curently have a 10" S&B filter in there and its absolutely maxed out.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
JLT 12" Carbon Fiber high boost kit on mine... JLT 110mm mass air with GT500 sensor. Works great on my 3.4L Whipple.

Jay makes some nice stuff :tip:

Shannon

·
2,448 Posts
12" Big Air

:tip:
How the hell do you guys fit a 12" filter in the space? I have a 2.2 KB with an SCT BA 3000 and there's no way in hell i would be able to fit a 12" in there. I curently have a 10" S&B filter in there and its absolutely maxed out.
heres a look how>
View attachment 58616

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
Trust me it fits in there, takes much patience and some man power.

·
2,448 Posts
12" Big Air

:bigwink:
Trust me it fits in there, takes much patience and some man power.
+1 I relocated i/c pump just a little to make it easier

mofasta

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I am a big fan of either a 10" or 12" with the stock inlet tube and the MAF of your choice... Nothing beats the simplicity of that setup... Add a shield if you feel like it...

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
Oh ok, its the fenderwell kits. I have basically a straight-shot uner the hood and i think 10" is the most you can fit.
I'm talking about a RAI, my filter is in the engine bay.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone have experience with that corrugated rubber hose CAI set-up from Kenne Bell???

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ive used JLT in fender Big Boost for my 2.3 up to 18lbs. Then went and modded mine into a ram air for 25lbs., and got 686rhp and 695 rtq. Now have 3.4 CRUSHER and waiting for results.:mad2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts