Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who installed a head cooling mod experience air bubbles getting trapped or problems getting the system to purge all the air?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Air in the cooling system

Get the front end as high as you can. I rigged an overflow tank with some clear hose, fittings and chain. Four hot/cold cycles should get all the air out. I also revved the engine to 2K rpms at 15 sec intervals for a few minutes. This seemed to work the air out of the system. You can get all the hose and fittings at an auto parts store or Home Depot/Lowes. I got the cross over tube fitting a few years ago from someone over on SVTP. Do a search over there for more info.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Oh Rich, this one is so easy.
When you go and fill the system, simply take the Evenflow hose off at the front (where it T's into the upper radiator hose) Then cap it off where you removed the hose.
Next, lift the hose and point it straight up while filling with coolant. Almost all the air will escape by doing this. In most cases, burping will not even be necessary.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's..... logical solutions.
I was on the phone with someone who mentioned this possible issue, so I wanted to see if there was any problems before hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts