Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone using to pressure test their cooling systems? I might be borrowing one this weekend, but I think I might just buy one so I have it incase I have this problem again.

Been chasing a leak for like a month that only happens after car sits overnight and cools off. The coolant that's leaking is getting into my spark plug holes and causing the COP's to misfire. I have to blow them out with compressed air everytime I drive the car after letting it sit overnight. Looks like it's leaking around t-stat housing, but I replaced thermostat and o-ring and it's still leaking. Intake was replaced by ford about a year ago cause the plastic one cracked so I have the updated one with metal crossover.

I know that you need a special adapter to pressure test these cars cause of the plastic overflow bottle.

Let me know what you guys are using!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
buddy of mine is having the same issue and its boggling my mind we also replaced everything including the radiator grrrrrrrrrr

als i ti only leaks under load, never sitting

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i fixed all my leaks. Both my upper and lower hoses AND the thermostat housing were all leaking. Me thinks someone must've messed with my car when I walked away with the hood open lol. Weird that they all started leaking at same time. I ended up borrowing a snap on pressure tester from my friend that had the right adapter for our coolant overflow tanks.

Makes it way easier to find the leak with a pressure tester, def worth buying one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts