Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site came highly recommended as a good site for technical Questions so I'm gonna jump right in with a couple that nobody at SVTPerformance could answer:

1) Is it true that the QUD2 code runs richer than the YDHO code?

2) Is the aftermarket chip setting additive or dictative?
(In other words: If you want a setting of 7 (random number for discussion's sake) and the QUD2 code has a setting of 5 and the YDHO code has a setting of 3, does the chip add 2 to the QUD2 code (and have to be burned specifically for QUD2) and add 4 to the YDHO code (and have to be burned specifically for the YDHO code)? Or does it just mandate 7 regardless?

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought for a second there that I had my very first post deleted :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get back to those haters on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM... :D

From everything I have seen a second run program runs leaner than the first runs did. How it does this, I haven't a clue.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
DD2000GT said:
Get back to those haters on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM... :D

From everything I have seen a second run program runs leaner than the first runs did. How it does this, I haven't a clue.
You're stalking me aren't you :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I never really thought these questions would be so hard:confused:

G

·
i cant answer but rick can, he is super busy right now im guessing because i havent seen him online and his pm box is full

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure somebody knows.

Seems like pretty basic questions that you'd want answers to before getting a chip but lots of people have chips and it seems that nobody knows (nobody that's seen the post and had time to reply anyway).

I'm not in a huge hurry for the answer, but I won't be buying any chips without knowing. :cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the QUD2 program and with all my mods, I am running lean. My last dyno on the 1st run was 12.3 and the second ran at 13.1. I spoke with Rick and he said it could be a number of things. The 02 sensor on the wideband could be dirty, could be the gas where I live and so on... Rick was very helpful and advised me to send him the chip to be reprogrammed. I have to say; the man knows his stuff!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Couple of thoughts:

1. Chris Johnson, one of the foremost masters of Autologic chip burning software moderates a forum on this website, post this question there.

2. Don't know if you're going this way or not but a chip for a QUD2 won't work with a YDH0 or YDH1, car won't even start from what I understand. Therefore, whether it adds to or takes away etc doesn't matter?..

3. QUD2 is richer than YDH0 and YDH1, Chris mentioned this to me personally when he was reburning a cihp for my TB/Inlet so he's a better person to ask..

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. THis is already more info than I had.

MineralGray03,
I've got your car (only stock) :D Thanks for the info and recommendation.

Jerry,
You really answered the questions for the most part. I will post in Chris's forum as well to see what he said. (I had no idea he moderated a forum topic... That's pretty cool).

I'm surprised the programs are that different. I've been real happy with the old QUD2 program on my first run so I don't really want to get it updated if I don't need to.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts