Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is a pic of a test panel in the colour I have chosen. We will be adding a bit more metal flake to the final colour but the actual blue is pretty much what the car will be.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I LOVE this build! Everyone knows I'm a 4 door fan and I'm looking for the next project for the same swap. I have been eyeing a few wagon's for it.

Keep it up!

Dave

·
Registered
450 Posts
Can't wait to see that Blue on the finished car! Verify close to what I am envisioning for my more-door!
Nice Build!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Getting ready to make some new tubs. Removed the original rear tubs to make room for the 20" x 11" rims and tyres

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sat the new rims and tyres under the old girl to see how they look. I think I'll lift the rear a bit higher.

What do you all think? Leave it like it is or raise the rear up 2"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The ride height is almost as low as we can go legally to keep the cops of our back. Approximately 4" at the lowest point to ground level. At the moment it's 5" but by the time we rebuild it with interior and bumpers etc we'll probably be sitting close to our limit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Guy's I need some help. I would like to know if the radiators from earlier Modular motors i.e. 4.6 & 5.4 can be used on the Coyote.

If someone can help me out with this info that would be great.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My long tubes are at 4" and my framerails are at 5.75". I scrape the headers on the slightest of a curb or even the speed bumps. It sucks. I wish I could cut them higher. I'd say stick with a 5.5 or higher setup. Air ride so you can drop it as you want when needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeh thinking we'll lift it a little as this will be a driver and the most of the roads over here are ordinary at best. Scrapping will be an issue for sure

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm running the rad out of a 2008 mustang with the electric fan and shroud from a 2013 boss mustang in my 69 f-100 with a coyote crate motor. You just have to be careful with mixing antifreeze types.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As I said in an earlier post. I plan on running twin turbo's. I have decided to upgrade some engine parts.

As this is a F150 version I have purchased some new Mustang GT intake cams and a pair of Boss302R exhaust cams. I will be upgrading the valve springs with some Trickflow items suggested by JPC Racing. Hopefully these cams will help the engine cope when some boost is added.

I will also be using Boss302 tensioners and have purchased MMR billet oil gears and secondary chain guides and oil spirter blank off's.

I was planning on keeping the bottom end stock at this stage. Is there anything else that I should be doing to the engine sound. We won't going insane with boost pressure at this stage around 12psi max but mostly around 8psi

·
Registered
87 Posts
Should be fun was just gonna say to upgrade the oil gears with the turbo but ya beat me to it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Thanks,

I'm really happy with how they turned out, I looked all over the net to find something that looked old school for the Coyote engine and this build and couldn't find anything that I really liked. I think they would look sh*t hot on a new Mustang as well.

I don't really like the plastic coil covers and any coil covers that I could find that was looked any good and made out of alloy, the prices they wanted were insane. So I decided to have some CNC'd out of a block of a block of billet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks,

I'm happy with how they turned out, I looked all over the net to find something that looked old school for the Coyote engine and couldn't find anything that I really liked. I don't really like the plastic coil covers and any coil covers that I could find that was made out of alloy, the prices were insane.
I looked too. I remember when they first came out a couple of people took 429 Boss covers and modified them. I am serious about buying a set. Or if you have designs for how they were built, there is a machine shop next to me :).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
I will ask the guy that made them for me if he would be interested in making another set for you if you like. He has all the programming for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up my pair of GTX3076R turbo's today. Very happy chappy with how they turned out. :good:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts