Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
We are looking at running some Nissan R34 Skyline intercoolers inside the front guards

- - - Updated - - -

It's going to be tight but I'm hoping we can mount the turbo's somewhere in this position.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Worked a bit of magic today. We were able to mount the Drive By Wire throttle assembly to the original XW throttle pedal. We want the car to look as stock on the inside as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a tight fit but we have been able to fit some 11" tyres inside the guards without having to alter the rear rails.

Sorry about the pic quality. I didn't think the sun was that bad at the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Sorry, I can't help it. Just had to post another side view of the car. I cannot believe this is my car compared to what we started with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great Build, Two of my favourites, XW falcons and Coyote Engines, I like the steel plates you used when lifting the engine. I might do the same, I'm about to put a FPV Boss 335 in to my Cobra Replica Build. Keep up the Awesome Work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How are you planning to control the Coyote motor and the automatic transmission?
I'll be interested in this , too. I heard that HP Tuners is now able to tune these autos but I assume you'll have to use the factory wiring and all since Ford doesn't have a hot rod harness for the autos. Should be fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm using a 2014 Mustang PCM. The PATS has been disabled. Tuning will be done with SCT software at this stage. I've had a piece of harness made that links the PCM and original engine transmission harness. This harness will allow the PCM to work like a Control pack but for the Auto.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any pics of the drive shaft yet. As soon as I have some I will post them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
For those people that want to run a Coyote and 6R80 Auto looks like things have just been made easier. Ford Performance have just announced that they now have Control Pack PCM's with Auto calibrations and harness for this combination. Looks like it's a complete package from engine, transmission and PCM
with harness.

Not sure if the PCM and harness are available for those that have a pull out or already have an engine. Have to ask the question I suppose.

Part number: M-9000-PMCA

Here's the link to the article: http://www.stangtv.com/features/pri...t-coyote-power-module-with-auto-transmission/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Bouoy,

there won't be much clearance maybe 3" from under the hood skin to throttle body. I was originally wanting to run a SC on the coyote but didn't want to have holes or scoops on the hood. So we decided to use a pair of turbo's instead.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Started on some rust repairs. The LH side sill rail was full of rust so we have removed the original rail and replaced it with a new one.

Before:

New rail installed. Just needs the welding to be completed in now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi all,

Its been a long time since I've posted anything about my project. But happy now the project is back under way

41 - 60 of 61 Posts