Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone building a "Panther" chassis car? I'm thinking of either a 5.4 swap for my 93' Vicki....or a new C.V. LX Sport / or the new Merc.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Fastronald said:
Anyone building a "Panther" chassis car? I'm thinking of either a 5.4 swap for my 93' Vicki....or a new C.V. LX Sport / or the new Merc.
Why not just drop a V-10 in there?

Guy I know did just that - fits like a glove, with the exception of the height.
He just used a cowl hood and it's a real sleeper otherwise... :evil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Triton V - 10?..........that has got to be tight fit! I plan on a scooped hood either way. May just stick with the 5.4 swap.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Fastronald said:
A Triton V - 10?..........that has got to be tight fit! I plan on a scooped hood either way. May just stick with the 5.4 swap.
It actually looks factory, with the exception of height.
Lots of room on either side - you'd think it was installed from the factory that way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crown Vic site

Thanks.have been on both of the major Vicki / Merc sites for some time as well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Keep us informed as to what you do. I have a '91 w/ a 5.0 HO that has a few mods (3.73s will be added soon). They are very durable cars - my chassis has over 160K and is still tight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My insurance man has found me a perfect donor ( bless his gearhead heart ) So I'll pick it up soon. The donor is a 2002 Lincoln Navigator that had been rolled. The engine runs great.........the rest? The body is a mess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts