Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called ATCO.

JT,(JT),Don(SOLID SNAKE), and John(VENOMOUS03COBRA)

Lets just say they are getting warnings :D

I'll let them post when they get back.....:shocked

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Nothing like watching the late news and then coming to the site to see some more cars in the 11's. I'll be back later!!:)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Nothing good for me. First, i got there at 7:00 and only got two runs, the second one at 11:25 PM!

The clutch situation isn't good. I can come out as hard as I want to with no wheel spin. The darn clutch feels like a torque converter!

Anyway the runs were an 11.737 @ 120.8 with a 1.837 60 ft, headlight in 7:46 PM and 11.777 @ 121.02 with a 1.852 60 ft , headlight out, with a stumble right after the 1-2 shift. Damn, I wish I knew why it occasionally does that ?

I don't think I can get any better 60 fts, or Et's for that matter, on this clutch.

JT

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey JT, head up man, your car is a definate bad ass ride!!! Nice meeting you by the way JT, you are a good guy, look forward to seeing you again!

VENOMOUS03COBRA stole the show with an [email protected]!!! We will let him chime in here, I am sure he will have something to say. By the way John, nice meeting you SINY IN DA HIZHOUSE!!!! Dude, I still wanna tear them young 'uns up and break a few vertibrae!!!!

Sean and GRNENVY, it was nice to meet you guys as well, all in all we had a damn good showing, and it was a real good time!!!!!

And now for my numbers, and I am damn proud of myself. It has been about 4 years since I last blasted down the dragstrip in my '92 GT, and that was on a slick.

On F1's!!!!, headlight out, AWESOME air, and everything working right:

R/T .700
60' 2.094
330' 5.403
1/8 8.051
MPH 93.05
990' 10.239
1/4 12.201
MPH 119.57

Needless to say everyone went home a winner tonight!!! Sorry I couldn't get a chance to meet ya Jim, next time!!!

And JD's Performance is the $HIT, I got a t-shirt in the mail today, wore it to the track and kicked some A$$.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice going guys..
Don,, Not too shabby!!Good Start..
JT,, You still car drive that puppy even with a failing clutch..
SPEC 2 ;)

Can't wait to hear from John(VENOMOUS)

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I spoke to John while he was at the track after making that 11.60 pass, he was happy as hell. Congrats again John....Hopefully mine will be sub 11 or even high 10 by the rental....John knows why....***Wink,Wink**** . Uncle Jimmy i'll see ya on the 6th hoping for great weather and great timeslips. Peace

Jay

P.S. i'm gonna try and make it to Atco next tuesday or Englishtown wed...i'll keeep everyone updated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
JT wasnt these your first runs in descent air since you went to the superchip?? Looks like the car still traps strong and about the same as the Diablo. I also get that stumble every now and then too. Do you have another set of BFG's or are you still on the same ones??? Nice Times for all you guys especially Venomous!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice job to all of you.

JT, running mid to high 11's is probably getting old for you. So great job on being consistant. That is tough with these cars.

SolidSnake, excellent job for first time out. You shouldn't have a problem dipping into the 11's. Just a little more pratice.

Venomous, don't know your actual time, but running mid 11's is strong. And keep it up. Great work.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I forgot to say in my first post how much fun it was having some fellow '03 owners to hang out with at the track.

It was nice putting a face with the names.

Everybody was driving good, track was hooking!

I didn't get a chance to meet Grnenvy, I saw him run an 11.6x, and get crap from the track officials heard he may have had a 5x, too!

John got crap from the officials as well! Great driving John!

I had a good time even with my slipping clutch. The clutch is not good for minimizing ET, but it would be ok for bracket racing, lol. Last time out at Cecil my two clean runs varied by .016 seconds, an 11.891 and an 11.875. this time the difference was .040.

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JT,,did you decide on a clutch yet...??

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
JT,,did you decide on a clutch yet...??
I'm leaning towards a straight spec 2.

I haven't ruled out a spec 2 disc with the 3 pressure plate.

I am still trying to figure my long term plan. It seems Atco was warning last night. If I need to get a cage, then I think I will probaly change blowers. If I'm gonna do that, I don't know if the straight spec 2 will be enough.

While I have the trans out, I'd like to do the input shaft and change to a blow proof bellhousing.
I tried to call McLeod today, no answer.

I hate to take the trans out now, then need to do it again in a few months when i get thrown off the track for not having a blow proof.

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JT, I see what you mean..If your going for 600+rwhp Spec 2 might be a bit weak.Especially if your gonna run a Sticky tire..

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
hey guys , im really sorry it took me so long to post . i got home at 1:30 in the morning from the track , got up for work at 5:00 am and worked all day till 9:30 p.m.

anyway , first i want to say it was great meeting everyone last night - j.t , dom , sean and grnenvy. bunch of great guys.

like the post says i ran a new best , and i was very happy. my best run of the night was 11.69 @ 120.01 with a 1.80 60'. it was great finally being told by the tech inspector that i was going to be thrown off the track if i did it again. :D

first off , i have to thank Jimmy V. very much for all his help. i actually ran these times with Jimmy's spare diablo chip . an old tune , a little rich for my car becuase the tune was for a setup with headers, but it worked great. and he also gave me and installed for me a 9" k&n open ended filter. for all of you that dont know Jimmy personally , he is one of the realest and most down to earth person i have ever met. and he knows his shit!! since i met him , everything that he has ever told me was right!! THANK YOU JIMMY!!!

j.t. - im glad you finally got to run again , you got put into a bad pit lain. 2 runs in like 5 hours. but i must say you were right on my tail with those times , and your clutch is bad. so you must be doing something right. thats gonna give me motivation to shift a little faster next time . ;)

don - i must say , you impressed me. first time at the track with your car and on street tires. and you ripped off some pretty nice #'s. i waited for over an hour at the end to watch you run . i seen your "almost" 120 pass ;) good work bro , and i must say also after all the shit i gave you , the car looks really good under the hood. bfg's baby!!! youll be running mid 11's in no time!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John, CONGRATS
WOW,,,,That is representing TERMINATOR!!

The credit is all yours..You have a simple setup like JT and get the most out of it as he does.

You both can really drive these cars.:banggears

After taking me for a ride on Croosbay,I knew you would run good we actually discussed [email protected]
I am sure you will run even faster.

Thank's for the kind words......blush

·
Registered
577 Posts
John, a.k.a VENOMOUS, I really couldn't have done it without your help. Yea, you ribbed the hell outta me, but I would expect the same from anyone else. It's just a shame the bathroom smelled like your living room in SINY. LMAO J/K!!!! Thanks man, you should give lessons. That's what the '03 movement is all about, helping each other out!!!!

In all seriousness, John, THANKS!!! And I am glad that Jim's chip worked out good for you. Believe me brotha, nobody was as happy as I was when you went that 11.6x. I was in your corner all night.

GRNENVY, I gained a whole lot of respect for you that night. This is a guy with a LOW DOLLAR set-up DEEP into the 11's.

Can you believe that I was the slowest '03 Cobra at the track that night at a 12.2!!!!!!!!! That is a testiment as to how far we have come in the past year.

Stick tight, help each other, and be bretheren.....I learned that that night. Thanks for the help, and it will be returned guys.

DON!!!!!!!!! not Dom!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
lol, sorry don. i knew it was don , i dont know why i wrote dom. oops :confused: anyway, anytime brother, i was really glad to finally meet you and see you at the track . i told you it was alot of fun, especially when the BOWZE are there lol. you definately have a runner there, cause i seen you bog out of the whole pretty bad on that last run and you still almost pulled off a 120 mph. if you had drags on the car and were able to keep the power band up out of the whole , you would have ripped off some pretty sick #'s!!! keep it up bro , you got a good setup there.:)

Jimmy - thank you again . and thats just another example of how you know your shit , when i took you for the ride , just from being in the passenger seat , you told me an 11.6 @ 120 . i didnt think i was gonna run that but it was really nice and it gassed me up to hear you tell me i could.and on another note, i must say Jim , when i drove your car . you can definately feel what those headers do up top for your car. over 5000 rpm's ,your car just doesnt want to give up, it just keeps pulling hard!! it felt strong as hell. a little advice for everyone , if you see Jimmy on the highway , DO NOT try to race him from a roll!!!

p.s. no Jim , im not gonna stop saying thank you! lol ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts