Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all does this thing correct? I was running 14.4 in the 1/4 prior to my 4.10's....then I still ran about the same with the exception of 1 run of 14.2.....I heard its suppose to tell the comp what air/fuel ratio to have. just wondering what all it does and why my 1/4 times didn't get better then .2

John

·
Registered
131 Posts
you only improved .2 w/ 410's. thats crazy i got 3.73's and improved by .5 it may have been a better day for racing (weather) then you had

·
Registered
885 Posts
BlueVenomGT said:
what all does this thing correct? I was running 14.4 in the 1/4 prior to my 4.10's....then I still ran about the same with the exception of 1 run of 14.2.....I heard its suppose to tell the comp what air/fuel ratio to have. just wondering what all it does and why my 1/4 times didn't get better then .2

John
The Dallas Speedcal only corrects your speedometer when a different rear gear is installed - they have absolutely nothing to do with A/F ratio or any other engine controls.

Anyone who told you that a Speedcal changed your A/F ratio is seriously mis-informed...;)

Post ALL of your quarter mile data, and I'll see if I can help you with your ET question.
There's lots of data in your slip that can tell you what you or the car is doing (right or wrong).

Post your numbers in this format:

R/T.................587
60'................1.868
330..............??? (no data)
1/8...............8.370
MPH............83.86
1/4.............13.045
MPH...........104.87

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try and get some more slips....I am pretty sure I threw the other ones away. I appreciate the info and help with my e.t. when I get the slips for you.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts