Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for those of you who don't know, daytime running lights are mandatory in Canada. Apparently we Canadian's are too dumb to remember to turn on our lights when conditions call for it :mad2:
Long story short, someone had to wire my Texan Cobra up, so that the headlights would be on full time, and I HATE it. I don't like starting the car with the headlights on, and I'm sick of the way it looks. Problem is, I'm wiring retarded, so I don't have the first clue how to get rid of them.

Help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Take the light bulbs out and put them back in when needed. Thats the best i can do sorry

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:blink:

·
Registered
359 Posts
im guessing when u pull your E-break up the lights turn off... if so there should be a ground wire that engages when the e-break is down so maybe try taking that off and see what happens... never seen a mustang with this but that would be my first try

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey rishi,
If they added the factory module, which means adding some wires to the front harness, then there should be a little black module mounted on the drives side in behind the steel bumper. If the car was lifted in the air you should be able to see it looking from the bottom up. But that is only the case if they used the factory module. You should be able just to unplug the module. Hope this helps.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Spal, I figured it might take another Canadian who's had the same issue to help me out. Appreciate it-

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually had the opposite issue. I had to wire my cobra up to pass the safety. But yeah I hate the dtrl. If you need more help just yell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts