Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep....he finally gave in and put the Lightning 2.93 blower pulley on his 03. Job went great and he used my ASP Puller tool to make it that much easier. He calls me up last night and says the car runs great from 4k up..but its real flat down low. So he brings her over and I take her for a ride..yep..real flat...dead down low. First thing I say...gotta take that Densecharger off then Dad...it just cant keep up now. He says ..really? I say...yep..thats the prob. I give him my K&N stock filter and tell him to put his stock air housing back on with the silencer out. I am with my family at some Sesami Street Live show in Trenton NJ today...and my cell phone rings....its my dad ..he says...WHOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOO...DAMN THIS THING IS AN ANIMAL!!!! :D

So we now have another pullied very very happy 03 Cobra owner out there.

So again..like most of us know....throw away those CIA's with bends in them...just plain useless on pullied cars.

Hot Rod(my dad is 62 years old and kicking ass)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG (20 lbs of boost now with juice)
KenneBell Blower as soon as they get it here!!!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
The filters under the hood may be alittle better since you can take out the headlight at the track for better air flow, but I don't think the CAI in the fender are totally useless, when my buddy and I dynoed he made 461rwhp 480rwtq. He had the denscharger, 2.80, chip, xpipe/catback and thats it. Also, this was before the larger idler pulley was availible for the "belt wrap mod" so he made those numbers with a lot of slippage and in the florida heat. But I do agree that the filters under the hood (like steeda, JLP ect. . .) and not in the fender with bends have the edge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow....I guess it all depends ..real weird. But I tell ya...the old mans 03 was dead down low...the air flow must have had something to do with it, because with the air filter system switch it made the car run like she should. He also has a Steeda Catback. Nice car...still too quiet and slow for me though ;)
Thanks for the info buddy!

I had my car out today and I am so freakin use to it..even with the 50 shot in third....God I hope this KB keeps me happy.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
yea it all depends, but it does seem like the guys who are running the fastest are the ones using the intakes with no bends.

I know what you mean about getting used to the power, the same thing happend to me when I had a 2.80pulley. Thats why I took it off because I got pretty bored so I was going to put on a 6lb lower with a 2.93 or 3.1 upper but then as time went by I realized that for the power levels I want, the eaton is a dead end. So I figured instead of putting more money into the eaton I will just leave it and save up my money so I can put on a new power adder that will satisfy me. Besides, I didn't want something to go wrong by trying to push the eaton too hard, so I decided it would be smarter and safer to go with something else.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dont worry Harry, soon you wont be used to it lol and might not ever be.....Warp speed Scotty

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
another thing, I think the reason its easy to get used to the power on these cars is because the power is so linear. Instead of other cars like a supra or something that don't make much power until you get the rpm's up and the turbos kick in, our cars make power instantly. So in the import you will feel a sudden rush of power when the turbos kick in and it feels like the car is very fast, but when we get on it, its just a steady and smooth acceleration from 2k to 6k.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Harry Tell pop to step up to a KB !!! Run a stock set up 9lb - 11lb
We need as many kb people as we can get. For viper, and Vets
nitro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He wont do that buddy....he is one for original an all. But I will give him a ride in my car after the KB install.

IF IT EVER GETS HERE!!!!!! :D

Hot Rod(the patience of a 5 year old)Harry ;)
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Wow....I guess it all depends ..real weird. But I tell ya...the old mans 03 was dead down low...the air flow must have had something to do with it, because with the air filter system switch it made the car run like she should. He also has a Steeda Catback. Nice car...still too quiet and slow for me though ;)
Thanks for the info buddy!

I had my car out today and I am so freakin use to it..even with the 50 shot in third....God I hope this KB keeps me happy.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
The stock air filtr housing with a K&N flows better than the densecharger? Is it possible it was to lean down low and thats why it felt flat? Did he do the swap with no chip? I want to pulley mine to and I have the UPR CAI.

·
Registered
262 Posts
KevinJKD said:
another thing, I think the reason its easy to get used to the power on these cars is because the power is so linear. Instead of other cars like a supra or something that don't make much power until you get the rpm's up and the turbos kick in, our cars make power instantly. So in the import you will feel a sudden rush of power when the turbos kick in and it feels like the car is very fast, but when we get on it, its just a steady and smooth acceleration from 2k to 6k.
Very good point. My car makes 375lbsof TQ from 2800 to 5500. Peaks at 380 and drops off to [email protected] Thats pretty damn linear. It feels so good. You get that initial rush and then it just smoothes out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts