Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The only people that I know of that have done this are Sean Hyland Motorsports. They tell you to make slits in the cam gears and degree them w/ the slits. Many people feel this will dangerously weaken the gears. We have been waiting for years for the aftermarket to come out with adjustable cam gears and they are almost out. I know VT has them in the works and I think another company or two as well.

But as far as installing the cams, simply using the Ford Cam Tools for precise alignment will take car of installing them correctly.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Your welcome.

Contact Scott at VT Engine for the inside info on when these adjustable cam gears might be released. He posts on here under the name VTEngine.

Ashley

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought Steeda had adjustable cam sprockets.
Go to their website and search "cam sprocket".
I see a pn# 161-6256D46 $80 each.

cammin 4.6 said:
The only people that I know of that have done this are Sean Hyland Motorsports. They tell you to make slits in the cam gears and degree them w/ the slits. Many people feel this will dangerously weaken the gears. We have been waiting for years for the aftermarket to come out with adjustable cam gears and they are almost out. I know VT has them in the works and I think another company or two as well.

But as far as installing the cams, simply using the Ford Cam Tools for precise alignment will take car of installing them correctly.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

·
Registered
511 Posts
GT281 said:
Now the question is.... are they available?
The site says you can order them, but if you want true adjustability you might want to talk with Mike @ L&M about his timing gears.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No Limit also is now selling infinetely adjustable cam gears for the 2v and 4v. They are available for immediate shipment. These gears can also be adjusted by removing only the vale covers after initial installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
No Limit Racing said:
No Limit also is now selling infinetely adjustable cam gears for the 2v and 4v. They are available for immediate shipment. These gears can also be adjusted by removing only the vale covers after initial installation.
Thats bitchin.

·
Registered
329 Posts
No Limit Racing said:
What is your phone number or website?

·
Registered
329 Posts
nothing on the site.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
this setup is ALMOST $600!!!!!!(i think $585) I'm sure degreeing the cams is beneficial, but at that price, i will have to pass...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't cams come with a set degree already?.....granted I know that dialing it in for optimum perf is always better....but not for that much money.

John

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
is there more hp to be haqd by degreeing the cams that you couldn't just adv. the timing in the tune. i mean wouldn't the same end result happen? i guess if you needed a extra degree of timing it would be nice to have so you don't have to run back to the tuner or get a flip or second chip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A lot of companies developing & marketing mod parts are really putting it to us lol. I know tooling and machine work isnt cheap, but I think it would pay to amortize the costs of development over a longer time. Sell more parts at a lower profit on each sale. Sell 100 instead of only 50. IMO.

cltgt said:
this setup is ALMOST $600!!!!!!(i think $585) I'm sure degreeing the cams is beneficial, but at that price, i will have to pass...

·
Registered
467 Posts
rdy2rac said:
is there more hp to be haqd by degreeing the cams that you couldn't just adv. the timing in the tune. i mean wouldn't the same end result happen? i guess if you needed a extra degree of timing it would be nice to have so you don't have to run back to the tuner or get a flip or second chip.
cam timing and spark timing are 2 different things.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts