Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well, as you will soon see in a upcomming tech install article, I now have a Densecharger on my 03. I never really cared about CAI's, but seeing as their great benefit to the 03 I knew I had to get one. I guess I looked at every available CAI kit out there. Not that there is tons of difference between each one, but I wanted the one that I thought was best. What I found after talking and looking is that everyone thought theirs was the best:p To make a long story short, Chris Johnson of JMS reccomened to me the Densecharger. I had already looked at the Densecharger and really liked it, so I took his advice and jumped on it.

The install was straight foward and simple as you will be able to tell from our write up. I was a bit worried about the surging and idle problems others had mentioned so I was quite exited about trying it out once finished.

To start off with the car is noticeably more responsive. Not only when hammering on it, but even at part throttle. The blower sounds like it is happy about the additional airflow too as it seems to whine a bit louder under boost. I do not have dyno results of the Densechager, but I KNOW it helped a ton. My car now will break the tires loose in first gear no problem. I can ease the car out of the hole lay into it, and I guess around 4500 or so the tires break loose. Definately more power on tap now than before. The idle seems to wander just a bit when I come to a stop sometimes, but it is not that bad. I have had no other problems with surging or anything. I can only imagine how much this pulley will help once I decide to install it. stay tuned...................

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I believe on a stock pullied car the Denscharger is as good as any,When you put the pulley on,you will find a larger filter will help.The 9in Cone filter comes with most other CAI setups.Some guys use a 12 in filter.I put a 10in Powerstack in my PHP CAI and it works well also.
Anybody with a Densecharger useing a larger filter??

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
With the stock Densecharger kit, I think it would be hard to install a larger filter without moving the intercooler lines. It could probably be done, but it would be tight. I am thinking if more airflow is needed I could just remove the elbow under the fender and install a short 4" piece of PVC pipe in its place. Then look and see what would be the largest open ended filter I could get to fit. I will probably try some things once I get my pulley on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts