Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you guys aready have made up your mind on air intake but on the chance someone is interested, I thought I would post this.

Both dyno runs were the second run that day on the dyno. They were done 1 week apart and weather/temp was similar. The peak HP was close (5HP) but the HP gain until 5000 RPM looks to be about 15HP-20HP greater. The torque number is what I was most surprised by. 50 higher TQ. The denscharger actually made more power with a richer A/F after 4700 RPM.

I am not promoting one product over the other because I am happy with both. Rather, I am sharing my experiences so others can have more information for their decisions.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are the parts I purchased.

System #9: Part# CF03CFL
03 Cobra Meterforward system
Includes Densecharger System with new CNC'd MAF Flanges,
Carbon Fiber trimmed pipe and cover plate, and Black/Chrome decals
K&N # 3480 6" Conical Air Filter

& I am not sure about which run the C&L is but here is a picture

Attachments

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Your numbers are very impressive. Autologic seems to be doing well on these cars!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The runs were started at different revs. The red was almost past peak torque when the pull was started.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Silver03Snake said:
The runs were started at different revs. The red was almost past peak torque when the pull was started.
True, but at the same RPM there is still a huge diference. I might be wrong but my understanding is that: regardless of when the run is started, the dyno should return the same numbers for that RPM (meaning 2 pulls done on the same day with no changes could start at different RPM's and the numbers should be the same at the same RPM). I have several dynos which would indicate that to be true, But, like I said, I am no expert.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trey193 said:
Your numbers are very impressive. Autologic seems to be doing well on these cars!
I am real happy with the autologic after having a lot of problems with my Diablo (probably all tuner but I still wouldn't go back)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric Brooks said:
Which run is the C&L, and which is the DC?
Sorry I was in hurry to leave the office last night when I rean your post and didn't answer it right.

Run 19=C&L Run 24=Densecharger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Daryl; Was the car tuned before or after the C&L was installed?? We have found the C&L worth as much as 31 hp over the stock meter, filter combo on an unchipped car, but on a chipped car it made almost nothing, unless retuned as it leans the mixture out at least one full point. Joe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
magic maker said:
Daryl; Was the car tuned before or after the C&L was installed?? We have found the C&L worth as much as 31 hp over the stock meter, filter combo on an unchipped car, but on a chipped car it made almost nothing, unless retuned as it leans the mixture out at least one full point. Joe
I installed the C&L and Diablo chip at the same time. Gave up on the Diablo chip and went with autologic. Installed the densecharger after I had the autologic for a while. I have heard several local tuners say the same thing about tuned results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts