Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I gap these at? Can they even be gapped? The electrode looks very thin. Thanks.

BTW, combo is 6lb lower, 2.93 upper, jlp ram air, off road X, 3" Cat back....if it makes a difference in the gap.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
35 sounds good to me...I have my Denso's gapped at 38 for 9k miles no problems..With your added boost 35 should be fine..

·
Registered
577 Posts
Don't Densos come pre-gapped anyway?

·
Registered
758 Posts
What heat range are you using? IT-20, IT-22, or IT-24. The IT-20 & IT-22 have a .044" gap. The It-24 has a .032" gap. I would use the IT-24 with the .032" gap. with boost over 17psi. That is what I am using and have had no problems with them being too cold, for the street.

AMB

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
My IT 22's came pre-gapped at .19. Every plug was dead on. That's what I ran them at and had no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
521 Posts
HAMMER said:
My IT 22's came pre-gapped at .19. Every plug was dead on. That's what I ran them at and had no problems whatsoever.
Rich, you say pre-gapped, did you ask for them that way, or they just came that way. I am running IT-22's and the gap on them out of the box was from .022 to .042. I gapped them at .035

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I ordered from Outrageous Performance and they gap them for $5. Tom recommended IT-22 @ .030 for my set-up which is [email protected]#s and it runs awesome and solid.

·
Registered
131 Posts
how can a plug be pre gaped they get thrown around at the post office just as much as everything else i always check.....

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
96stang46 said:
how can a plug be pre gaped they get thrown around at the post office just as much as everything else i always check.....
Mine had a plastic cover that extended past the electrode so throwing them around shouldn't affect the tip. I did check mine to make sure they were right before I install them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts