92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IWRBB said:
Translation.. DO A SEARCH!
Wow....yea.....thanks for that translation.

However, that post implies of this forthcoming. It's all future tense.

The link I've supplied is actually available now! Out in the open! For sale and everything!

Also that thread doesn't really answer my question. That being, has anyone used it yet. Any opinions of how it is? And what it does/can do?

Anyone else?

·
Registered
207 Posts
IWRBB said:
Translation.. DO A SEARCH!
Translation.. You're a prick.....

Just answer the question no need for that.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
SVTman: Wah. :shootbird

4SFED: A simple search with "predator" would have turned up that thread.

And the fourth post, first sentence reads..

"We just started getting the preditors for the powerstrokes last week. It's still gonna be a while for the mustangs and 03's."

So no, obviously, no one has used it yet.

Get with it guys. Message boards have a search button for a reason. Quit bitching and use it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
IWRBB said:

Glad to see i'm #1 in your book, but your #:shootbird :shootbird in mine. :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IWRBB said:

4SFED: A simple search with "predator" would have turned up that thread.

And the fourth post, first sentence reads..

"We just started getting the preditors for the powerstrokes last week. It's still gonna be a while for the mustangs and 03's."

So no, obviously, no one has used it yet.

Get with it guys. Message boards have a search button for a reason. Quit bitching and use it.
I tried to not respond to this, but I have to:

1) Who's bitchin'?

2) you DO know that a powerstroke is a diesel, right?

3) In that message from Rick (who, btw I've talked to), stated that they won't be out for a while.

If you read my first post, you'll notice that it's out. It's released. We can buy it now.

I figured that there might be some people that frequent this board, that MIGHT have had the opportunity to use, or evaluate it. Ever heard of beta testing? BTW, they're sometimes asked by the manufacturer to keep their mouths closed while testing it, before release to manufacturing.

Also, you're assuming that I didn't search first. Your assumption is wrong. I saw that post, however (as I've now stated MULTIPLE times), it didn't answer my question.

Now I'm going to make an assumption: I'm going to assume that you're really a nice person, and didn't mean to come off like an ass.....'cuz that's how it came across.

Next please?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Ok, good points. Sorry about that bitch fest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IWRBB said:
Ok, good points. Sorry about that bitch fest.
It's all good. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had some questions on how this thing operates, so I called a minute ago.

The (very helpful) guy at Granatelli gave me a number and extension at DiabloSport, with which to speak to someone. This person just ( about five minutes ago) told me that the Cobra Predator is still a week or so out. So what Granatelli has/had I do not know.

My questions to him were:

Question1. Can I keep the chip on the computer, and use the Predator to fine tune it.

Answer: No.

Question2. Can I use the program on the Delta chip in the Predator.

Answer: Not yet, but that may be a future item. He told me that it has several tunes loaded on it, and you could fine tune it +/- 10%.

·
Registered
41 Posts
more importantly, I think custom tuners will now be able to use this device to uplaod their tune to the pcm without having to use a chip. we can then reload the factory tune for warranty service.

·
Registered
94 Posts
MongoCobra said:
more importantly, I think custom tuners will now be able to use this device to uplaod their tune to the pcm without having to use a chip. we can then reload the factory tune for warranty service.
That was exactly my understanding, and why I'm so interested.

I've heard you would be able to download custom tunes via the web onto your pc and load them on the Predator then flash the car.

It would be like dyno tuning almost, but using a tuner across the country. That would be great for those of us not in California or the east coast area.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
slythetove said:
That was exactly my understanding, and why I'm so interested.

I've heard you would be able to download custom tunes via the web onto your pc and load them on the Predator then flash the car.

It would be like dyno tuning almost, but using a tuner across the country. That would be great for those of us not in California or the east coast area.
Now THAT would be most excellent!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts