Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Well I just recently turned 18 (yay now i cant get my licence revoked if i get pulled over for speeding in MA
) and now its time to use some of that birthday money and put it to good use. (AHHEM TOWARDS THE MUSTANG)

So, I currently have all steeda stuff. CAI, Short throw, and cats.

I am looking into the bassani catted x-pipe for the summer, but for now, I want a Diablo Sport tune.

What do you think I should do? I don't quite have enough cash for both to still be comfortable. Should i get the tune now, or should i wait to get the exhaust with it. Will i still get a good HP gain without the X-pipe?

Whats your take?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey guys!

Well I just recently turned 18 (yay now i cant get my licence revoked if i get pulled over for speeding in MA
) and now its time to use some of that birthday money and put it to good use. (AHHEM TOWARDS THE MUSTANG)

So, I currently have all steeda stuff. CAI, Short throw, and cats.

I am looking into the bassani catted x-pipe for the summer, but for now, I want a Diablo Sport tune.

What do you think I should do? I don't quite have enough cash for both to still be comfortable. Should i get the tune now, or should i wait to get the exhaust with it. Will i still get a good HP gain without the X-pipe?

Whats your take?
where are you in Ma. and who is gonna tune the car? personally if I were to get a tuner it would be an Xcal and let Dez Racing do the tune on the dyno.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dyno for a while, but I would run the performance tune until the summer until i got a hold of a dyno.

·
Registered
492 Posts
where are you in Ma. and who is gonna tune the car? personally if I were to get a tuner it would be an Xcal and let Dez Racing do the tune on the dyno.
diablosport aint bad, i run one on mine and its very user friendly if you ask me. you can feel some difference between the stock tune and the preprogramed tune. but ya dyno will still be best bet.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Save your money for mods that will actually require you to have a tuner. A canned tune on a pretty much stock car is not going to get you much of a gain, maybe 5-10rwhp. Once you do longtubes, a gear swap, or supercharge the car you can get a tuner and have the car dynoed. I got a Sct Xcal 2 when my car had induction, plenum/tb, pulleys, catted h pipe, catback, and I really did not feel a difference. Car may have reved a little quicker, but I don't know if it really did or if I was thinking it did because I just installed the tune. Definitely not worth $400 at that time for just having those mods. Now having a dyno tune, longtubes, 4.10's, swapping between street tires/drag radials/snow tires, swapping between a summer and winter tune, it definitely comes in handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts