Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 9-20-03

Alright everyone, something we've been waiting for is ready to go! DiabloSport is finishing the manuals and production is being done. This Predator for the '03 Cobra will be released in the coming week. Many Lightning owners also have Cobras, and I know this isn't the Lightning/Harley Predator, but it is a Predator, which does mean the Lightning/Harley Predator will follow shortly, soon.

A brief rundown:

DiabloSport 2003 Cobra Predator Part # U7142

Applications:

- U7142 - 2003 4.6L 4V Supercharged Mustang SVT Cobra

Features

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes:

- Diablosport has generated dyno tested tunes for 2003 4.6L/4V Ford Supercharged SVT Cobra.
- 3 Tunes will be offered standard:
Tune 1 - For Factory Boost Level (8#'s).
Tune 2 - For up to 12-14#'s of boost total (+4 to +6 over factory)
Tune 3 - Factory HP Tune (Stock Tune): Factory calibration tune only (allows use of below end-user options with factory tune).
- Average power gains are in 20-30 HP in the Supercharged SVT vehicles.

Diablosport Predator Performance Tunes Re-Map:

- Fuel Curves (at all rpms and throttle positions)
- Timing Curves (at all rpms and throttle positions)
- Extend Speed Limiters
- Extend Rev Limiters
- Part and Full Throttle Shift Points
- Shift Timing
- Shift Pressure

Diablosport Predator allows the end-user to make the following fine tuning adjustments:

- Idle: Will adjust for both Drive and Neutral
- Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 2.xx up to a 6.xx in .01 increments
- Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down, for high speed ECT 1 ON, ECT 2 ON, and ECT OFF, and low speed ECT ON and ECT OFF.
- Fuel Base: Will adjust from -15% to +15% for PE mode
- Spark Advance (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% for PE mode
- Rev Limit: Will adjust for both Rev Limit drive and Rev Limit neutral. Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments. Allows up to 6800 on 2003 Cobra.
- Traction Control: Turn traction control on/off
- OBDII: Allows turning of Bank 1 and 2 Rear Oxygen Sensor ON/OFF, or ALL O2's ON/OFF
- Wheel/Tire Sizing: Allows adjustment and correction of speedometer for larger/smaller tires.

DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded/ Premium grade fuel only, Amoco, Sunoco, or Mobil, if possible.

Diagnostic Capabilities:

- Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the Ford specific P codes.
- Predator diagnostics will work on all 96-03 OBD-II Ford Mustangs or F-Series Gas vehicles.

Live Data Logging and Monitoring Capabilities:

- Predator can monitor over 400 tuning parameters. Please see here for the COMPLETE list: www.runninwiththedevil.com/fordgaspreddiaglist.htm
- Predator can log tune data, at 90 samples per second, for at least a 30-minute period, to be viewed on the Predator screen or be exported to a PC, either live or logged, using FREE software supplied by DiabloSport.

Predator Feature Selling Points / Ford Mustang Cobra

- The only flash tuner on the market that allows for end user adjustability to the performance tune, enough adjustment to allow for pulley changes in factory-supercharged engine applications.
- The only flash tuner on the market to accept custom DiabloSport programs, and can be done via using email/internet through your dealer.
- The only flash tuner on the market with advanced diagnostic capability.
- The only flash tuner on the market with data logging and monitoring capability.
- The only flash tuner on the market with a backlit screen, that's also 300% larger then the competition's screen.
Custom tunes will be available through e-mail directly from us, or through DiabloSport. There may be some cost based on the nature of the modifications. Larger Blowers, Injector changes, Complex custom tunes, etc. may cost extra, but basic changes being needed for the variable in car or fuel should be at no additional cost.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, as I am here to help!

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sweeeeeeetttttttttttt. Now need to find a place to dyno tune mine with the pred. Also do you know if the people that had a performance 'flash' will need to get the stock tune back in before using it?

jason

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2thman said:
Sweeeeeeetttttttttttt. Now need to find a place to dyno tune mine with the pred. Also do you know if the people that had a performance 'flash' will need to get the stock tune back in before using it?
Jason, yes sir, you will most definitely need to start with a factory calibrated pcm. You do NOT want to use the Predator with a pcm that has already been flashed with another device, as this will interfere and possibly render your pcm useless, or worse, your vehicle!

I have some other exciting news that I will be announcing shortly.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
78mphgpr said:
What do I do with my current Diablo chip? Does it stay in the car?
If you have a DeltaChip currently, you can switch it to the OFF position and use the Predator's tuning, and then you can switch to the ON position on the DeltaChip (either Tune 1 or Tune 2) and then you'll have the Delta's programming instead of the Predator's. This means if you have the Valet switch that you can still use that as well. This will only work with the DeltaChip, however.

Also, you can have the tune that's on your chip converted over to work with your Predator, however, and this would require sending me the chip so I can read what the file is on the chip, and then have DiabloSport convert it over to the Predator format, and then email it to you.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I emailed you. I want one as soon as I can get it. I want a pulley but dont want to chip the car for warrenty reasons. This sounds perfect. Cant wait to get it.
Robert

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rb185afm said:
I emailed you. I want one as soon as I can get it. I want a pulley but dont want to chip the car for warrenty reasons. This sounds perfect. Cant wait to get it.
Robert, I got your email, sir, and I will be replying back shortly, just to let you know. I appreciate the opportunity to allow me to service and support you!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
78mphgpr said:
How much is it?
The lowest possible selling price per the DiabloSport Dealer Terms of Agreement is $419, however, if there in fact is another dealer legitimately selling for less, I will beat that price! With the price of $419, you're not only getting yourself an advanced tuning device, but you're also getting yourself an advanced Diagnostic & Monitoring tool. You will not need expensive programs such as Autotap or Ease, as the Predator offers FREE Diagnostics software so you can either monitor the data live directly on the Predator, or you can export it live or logged to your PC.

Also, I have a 30 day money back guarantee return policy on the Predator; if you're not happy, we either will make you happy by getting you a new custom tune, or if you choose instead we can refund your money. There is also a Lifetime Warranty on the Predator, so feel confident that if you should ever experience any issues, DiabloSport will repair or replace your Predator, free of charge.

As for custom tunes, they will be available through e-mail directly from me, or through DiabloSport, which keeps you from having to send in your Predator just to have a new tune loaded onto it. There may be some cost based on the nature of the modifications. Larger Blowers, Injector changes, Complex custom tunes, etc. may cost extra, but basic changes being needed for the variable in car or fuel should be at no additional cost.

I have been dealing with the Predators since their first inception with the GM crowd, back in Sept. of 2002. I sponsor over 10 major websites, some of which include LS1.com, CorvetteForum.com, Z06Vette.com, CamaroZ28.com, FullSizeChevy.com, TheDieselPage.com, GM-Diesel.com, TheDieselStop.com, ModularFords.com, NLOC.net, NHTOC.com, and possibly soon to be on Stangnet.com, so you can be assured that I'm no fly by night company. I have been doing this for years, and full time in the last 1.5 years. All I do and deal with is tuning and tuning equipment (although I do deal with Magnaflow exhaust products, and Denso Iridium Sparkplugs, as well), therefore I dedicate my work life to this fulltime and only this, fulltime!

Kind Regards...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question...

I and many others are waiting for an update (re-flash) from SVT to solve the "stalling" issue. This is supposed to be out within a month from SVT. Obviously, some things will be changed in our programs. How will this unit deal with the changes that it doesn't even know? I'm sure they could very well have an effect on the predator's tuning? Will you guys have an update to the predator for us?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
carstocks said:
Question...

I and many others are waiting for an update (re-flash) from SVT to solve the "stalling" issue. This is supposed to be out within a month from SVT. Obviously, some things will be changed in our programs. How will this unit deal with the changes that it doesn't even know? I'm sure they could very well have an effect on the predator's tuning? Will you guys have an update to the predator for us?
I knew of Ford's calibration department knowing that there was an issue, but I have not heard of them releasing an update w/in the next month. If you would kindly point me into the direction of where you heard this, I will do my best to look into it some more.

With this being said, the Predator will work for the 3 current calibration codes for the 2003 Cobra: QUD2, YDH0, and YDH1. If Ford releases another calibration code, i.e. YDH2 (not saying this will be the name; just made up), then DiabloSport will release a patch for the Predator that would allow it to tune for this new calibration (and naturally the new calibration would be dyno tested before releasing if there are major changes to specific parameters). Most likely how this will be handled for current owners, will either be by sending your unit to DiabloSport to have the update done, or requesting the updated tune/file to be emailed to you from your dealer or DiabloSport, and then you can download it into your Predator. However, with that being said, I want to add that a new pcm calibration *may* require sending in the unit to DiabloSport. I will get the details of this on Monday, definitely, and post back then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RWTD said:
I knew of Ford's calibration department knowing that there was an issue, but I have not heard of them releasing an update w/in the next month. If you would kindly point me into the direction of where you heard this, I will do my best to look into it some more.

With this being said, the Predator will work for the 3 current calibration codes for the 2003 Cobra: QUD2, YDH0, and YDH1. If Ford releases another calibration code, i.e. YDH2 (not saying this will be the name; just made up), then DiabloSport will release a patch for the Predator that would allow it to tune for this new calibration (and naturally the new calibration would be dyno tested before releasing if there are major changes to specific parameters). Most likely how this will be handled for current owners, will either be by sending your unit to DiabloSport to have the update done, or requesting the updated tune/file to be emailed to you from your dealer or DiabloSport, and then you can download it into your Predator. However, with that being said, I want to add that a new pcm calibration *may* require sending in the unit to DiabloSport. I will get the details of this on Monday, definitely, and post back then.
Thanks for your quick response. I P/M'd you with more info

·
Registered
58 Posts
One thing I was wondering. Can the Diablo get rid of the boost bypass?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mike Wesley said:
Yes.. the 03 Cobra software includes the boost bypass and it should be in the Predator.

Mike Wesley - AutoLogic
Cool, Mike is on here agian :) So it must be true that Autologic and DiabloSport collaborated on the Predator, big thumbs up!

Question: can the Predator be used to remap the MAM? Can it be used to tune 55lb injectors? Can it be used to tune a larger fuel pump: going from dual 130lph pumps (stock) to dual 150lph pumps (Focus fuel pumps).

I'm not sure if I phrased the question correctly but I'm trying to determine if the Predator can adjust all the tables necessary to deal with ALL likely issues associated with changing the parts I described above. Can you please comment on that when you get a sec. Thanks to both RWTD and Mike.

Jerry

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Jerry,

Hello sir, thanks for the post, and I hope that all is going well with you.

Jerry said:
Cool, Mike is on here agian :) So it must be true that Autologic and DiabloSport collaborated on the Predator, big thumbs up!
DiabloSport was the developer of the Predator. Not to speak for Mike, but Autologic has brought forth their knowledge and technology to combine with the knowledge and technology of DiabloSport, and all new products from this new joint venture that are being developed.

Question: can the Predator be used to remap the MAM? Can it be used to tune 55lb injectors? Can it be used to tune a larger fuel pump: going from dual 130lph pumps (stock) to dual 150lph pumps (Focus fuel pumps).
The tuning is the same as currently is done for that setup and using chips. The only difference is the files are either built or converted to work with the Predator's flashing ability. So, yes, anything and everything you need to have done in a tune can be done with the Predator, as it can now with using a chip. The out of the box Predator does not have the "end-user" options of adjusting anymore than the above mentioned end-user options in my first post up above, but your dealer can easily have a tune made up for you and emailed to you, that would incorporate the necessary adjustments for whatever given modifcations. No more sending back and forth to get something adjusted! :)

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Lemme clarify and reiterate something here from earlier in this thread concerning the chips and the Predator:

If you have a DeltaChip currently, you can switch it to the OFF position and use the Predator's tuning, and then you can switch to the ON position on the DeltaChip (either Tune 1 or Tune 2) and then you'll have the Delta's programming instead of the Predator's. This means if you have the Valet switch that you can still use that as well. This will only work with the DeltaChip, however. Basically a "switchable" Predator! :D

DO NOT FLASH THE PCM WITH THE CHIP ON THE J3 PORT OR DAMAGE TO THE CHIP OR PCM MAY RESULT!!! YOU MUST REMOVE THE CHIP BEFORE ANY FLASHING IS DONE, REGARDLESS IF YOU'RE MAKING A SIMPLE CHANGE TO A PARAMETER OR FLASHING BACK TO STOCK OR INSTALLING A NEW TUNE!!!

Also, you can have the tune that's on your chip converted over to work with your Predator. This would just require sending the chip in so the file that is on the chip can be read, and then have DiabloSport convert it over to the Predator format, and then email it to you.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
90 Posts
What has been the experience for the GM guys and warranty concerns? Has GM voided warranties when the noticed the PCM has been flashed? Anyone wanna do some investigative reporting?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
arizona302 said:
What has been the experience for the GM guys and warranty concerns? Has GM voided warranties when the noticed the PCM has been flashed? Anyone wanna do some investigative reporting?
Great question, arizona302. I wish I would have brought this up earlier, but it's good that you did, and I do appreciate it. To ease your concerns, I have not had 1, I repeat, not even 1 GM customer to date state that they have had their warranty voided because of using the Predator. I have been selling the GM Predator since it first hit the market back in Sept. of 2002, and have sold well over a thousand to GM owners (not counting the Ford Powerstroke owners), without ever a complaint.

I really do not think this will be any issue to worry with. If you modify your vehicle in such a manner that the dealer is going to notice, then they may investigate further, but the majority of good dealers out there aren't on a hit man agenda. Too often we hear of only the bad problems with dealers that those have experienced, and we hardly ever hear of the good dealers (which FAR outweight the bad!).

Very Sincerely...

1 - 20 of 99 Posts