Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FWIW, I have emailed Eric Brooks, the Admin, shortly ago, about becoming a Supporting Vendor of this site. He has approved my sponsorship, and now I will happily and proudly support this great growing site, just as I do on over 10 other major automobile sites on the net.

Now, I wanted to update everyone on the very latest information, as of today, on the DiabloSport Ford Gas Predator for the Lightning, Harley, and Cobra vehicles. Please note that this unit WILL actually DATALOG for at least 30 min., w/out the need for a PC, but it is still PC compatible, in that it will allow you to transfer the data to your PC. I encourage replies and questions, as well as thoughts and opinions. Personally I am expecting a release date next month. If you would like to be placed on a contact/waiting list, please see below.

DiabloSport Predator Part # U7142 / U7158

Applications:

- U7142 - 2003 4.6L 4V Supercharged Mustang SVT Cobra
- U7158 - 1999-2003 5.4L 2V Lightning / Harley Davidson Supercharged F150

Pricing: The MSRP is $495, and I will sell at the lowest price possible, per DiabloSport Dealer Terms of Agreement, which is $419 OTD, as well as include FREE UPS Next Day Air Shipping.

Features

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes:

- Diablosport has generated dyno tested tunes for 2003 4.6L/4V Ford Supercharged SVT Cobra and 1999-2003 5.4L-2V Ford Lightning and Harley Davidson F150 applications with Supercharger.
- Average power gains are in 20-30 HP in the Supercharged SVT vehicles.

Diablosport Predator Performance Tunes Re-Map:

- Fuel Curves
- Timing Curves
- Extend Speed Limiters
- Extend Rev Limiters
- Part and Full Throttle Shift Points
- Shift Timing
- Shift Pressure

Diablosport Predator allows the end-user to make the following fine tuning adjustments:

- Idle: Will adjust from -20% to +20%
- Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 2.xx up to a 6.xx in .01 increments.
- Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down.
- Power Enrichment (Fuel): Will adjust from -5% to +5% for PE mode
- Spark (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% for PE mode
- Shift Adaption (duration): Allows user to adjust the time delay during the gear change, i.e. quickness of the shift, from -25% up to +25%
- Shift Points (MPH): Allows user to adjust at what MPH the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 1 mph increments.
- Shift Points (RPM): Allows user to adjust at what RPM the shift should take place, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
- Shift Pressure: Allows user to adjust the firmness of the shift action, for each individual gear, from -25% up to +25%
- Rev Limit: Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.
- Wheel/Tire Sizing:

- Factory Wheel Size: Enter the factory tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 275/40-17
- Actual Wheel Size: Enter the actual tire size in XXX/XX-XX format, i.e. 305/35-18
The Predator then calculates the difference in overall height for proper speedo calibration.

DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded/ Premium grade fuel only, Amoco, Sunoco, or Mobil, if possible.

Diagnostic Capabilities:

- Predator can read and erase fault codes, and contains all the Ford specific P codes.
- Predator diagnostics will work on all 96-03 OBD-II Ford Mustangs or F-Series Gas vehicles.

Live Data Logging and Monitoring Capabilities:

- Predator can monitor over 400 tuning parameters. Please see here for the COMPLETE list: www.runninwiththedevil.com/fordgaspreddiaglist.htm
- Predator can log tune data, at 90 samples per second, for at least a 30-minute period, to be viewed on the Predator screen or be exported to a PC.

Predator Feature Selling Points / Ford Mustang Cobra SVT/F150 Lightning/HD:

- The only flash tuner on the market that allows for end user adjustability to the performance tune, enough adjustment to allow for pulley changes in factory-supercharged engine applications.
- The only flash tuner on the market to accept custom DiabloSport programs, and can be done via using email/internet through your dealer.
- The only flash tuner on the market with advanced diagnostic capability.
- The only flash tuner on the market with data logging and monitoring capability.
- The only flash tuner on the market with a backlit screen, that's also 300% larger then the competition's screen.

Get on the Predator waiting list! Email [email protected] (please specify which vehicle list you'd like to be placed on, i.e. Cobra, Lightning, Harley, etc.).

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

James - www.RunninWithTheDevil.com

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
So basically it is still a month out. You don't have any more specific dates.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A month out? I've been hearing that for the last four months. I think the Shirk brothers (from "The Money Pit") bought DiabloSport. :D

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toofast4u said:
So basically it is still a month out. You don't have any more specific dates.
No sir, unfortunately there isn't any firm release date. DiabloSport will not release this device until it meets their levels of satisifaction, and I can assure you that their quality control exceeds the best of expectations. The unit is definitely coming, and I want everyone to realize that it is definitely going to be worth the wait, as you now can see from the above specifications I have given on it.

Kind Regards,

James - www.RunninWithTheDevil.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just one quick question. After tuning your car with this and by some chance need warranty work done, you can return to stock program which cannot be detected by dealers. This is the only reason I am holding out for the predator. Love there chips but cant afford a new motor if screwed up by some unforseen incident. The pulley can be pulled off no prob. Just wanting some info and assurances.

Chuck

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Do the fine tuning adjustments that the predator allows work on custome tunes or only the factory settings? In other words, if we got a custom tune from Patrick for the kenne bell and it was too rich/lean could we tweak that custom tune and reflash?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KingSnake said:
Just one quick question. After tuning your car with this and by some chance need warranty work done, you can return to stock program which cannot be detected by dealers. This is the only reason I am holding out for the predator. Love there chips but cant afford a new motor if screwed up by some unforseen incident. The pulley can be pulled off no prob. Just wanting some info and assurances.
Chuck, yes sir you can return back to the factory programming. Now, a dealer could possibly tell time since last reflash, BUT this does not indicate to them that any performance tuning was installed. Most dealers will not look for this if they do not have a reason to, or if the service manual does not call for such. Having a chip, however, is what throws evidence to them by the scrapped pcm, or codes that were set from such. You will not have this problem with the flash programming.

Shadowgray03 said:
Do the fine tuning adjustments that the predator allows work on custome tunes or only the factory settings? In other words, if we got a custom tune from Patrick for the kenne bell and it was too rich/lean could we tweak that custom tune and reflash?
Yes sir, all the options will still function as they normally do, regardless if the tuning that comes with it is canned, or if it is a custom tune. The Predator is not limited in this regard, although I do know of another handheld programmer that will be. ;)

Thanks, and I hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This Q may have already been answered but here it goes I was told the preditor can read real time a/f and log it. Is this true?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2slow said:
This Q may have already been answered but here it goes I was told the preditor can read real time a/f and log it. Is this true?
Hello sir and thanks for the post.

Nothing can read a true afr (air fuel ratio) using the factory O2 sensors, since they do not operate on a wideband range. Although the Predator will monitor every fuel sensor and parameter via its Diagnostics, you will need a real wideband meter/sensor to read true afr.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will the Predator allow us to:

disable/change the shift light?

switch traction control to always off rather than always on?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vaelin said:
Will the Predator allow us to:

disable/change the shift light?

switch traction control to always off rather than always on?
EXCELLENT questions, and the only answer I have at this time is: That will be done via a custom tune. Now, with that said, that doesn't mean I can't have Johan get the engineers to stuff more features into it, so if anyone has any other great ideas, such as these above, PLEASE let me know, and I will press for them (normally I can get things done, as I have had many things done already for the GM crowd).

One thing I do want to see is the ability to toggle off the Rear O2 DTC's.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I was at Diablo today getting a tune as I broke down and bought a chip since I couldn't wait any longer. They are very optimistic about the Predator. They don't have any release date yet, but as said before they have no intention on releasing it until all issues are resolved and they are happy with the results. I really wanted the Predator, but couldn't justify running the KB at 9# for another month because of a tune.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
toofast4u said:
I was at Diablo today getting a tune as I broke down and bought a chip since I couldn't wait any longer.
Soooo, spill it, tell us what kind of #'s you made? :D

Also, as for when it's going to be released. I'm hoping w/in 2 weeks from Monday, but it may be a tidge longer. I do know that next week is basically final test week, and if everything goes fine by Friday, then it'll be released most likely the following week (don't hold me to this, I'm just trying to give some helpful news). I'll keep everyone in touch. I was on the phone with Johan this evening at his house, and he was telling me he was going to be over at Programa (their parent company) in Boca Raton (about 15 min. away from them now) all next week bench testing the product making absolutely sure every option worked properly.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
RWTD said:
Soooo, spill it, tell us what kind of #'s you made? :D
I made 550 rwhp on their dyno which Patrick said would be approximately 600 rwhp on a Dynojet dyno. This was my 5th pull in a row so my car was very hot and it was a 90+ degree day on top of that.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
toofast4u said:
I made 550 rwhp on their dyno which Patrick said would be approximately 600 rwhp on a Dynojet dyno. This was my 5th pull in a row so my car was very hot and it was a 90+ degree day on top of that.
Sweet! That's great to hear. Patrick knows his shiznits! So what combo are you running completely? 17#'s, BAP/NO BAP, 42's/55's, 93 octane, stock MAF? Fill me in! Enquiring Minds want to know! ;)

Edit: What kind of fuel pressure were/are you able to achieve now?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
RWTD said:
Sweet! That's great to hear. Patrick knows his shiznits! So what combo are you running completely? 17#'s, BAP/NO BAP, 42's/55's, 93 octane, stock MAF? Fill me in! Enquiring Minds want to know! ;)

Edit: What kind of fuel pressure were/are you able to achieve now?
I have.
Steeda CAI
Accufab TB
Kenne-Bell
3.0" RR non-slip pulley
Metco Idler
Denco 22 @ .30
HBH oil-spill kit
QMP 3" exhaust system w/cats and extreme mufflers

This is on 93 octane pump gas with an 11.5 a/f ratio. Patrick said he could get more HP at least 10 by going less conservative, but I said no way leave it safe I don't want to have to worry about it. I am seeing the safe pressure at idle 29# same as stock, but WOT it is going much higher then before. I will have to watch it to see what pressure it is actually going to. Patrick is very against using the BAP, larger MAF, and larger injectors. He has said the BAP is not necessary and the larger MAF and injectors only cause driveability issues and are not needed for this power level.

There is no traction in the top of 1st gear anymore, but I have pretty good traction in all other gears.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
toofast4u said:
Patrick is very against using larger injectors. He has said the BAP is not necessary and the larger MAF and injectors only cause driveability issues and are not needed for this power level.

If you are truly making 600 RWHP SAE on a dynojet then your stock 39 lb injectors are working at close to maximum duty cycle. While this may be convenient for the tuner, it's not a good thing for your injectors or fuel temperature.

Also, apparently, Patrick needs to take a ride in my car to observe drivability issues with #55 injectors. In other words, there are none. If the tune PROPERLY accomidates #55 injectors, the car will drive just like or better than stock. The evidence is in my garage.

;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
HAMMER said:
If you are truly making 600 RWHP SAE on a dynojet then your stock 39 lb injectors are working at close to maximum duty cycle. While this may be convenient for the tuner, it's not a good thing for your injectors or fuel temperature.

Also, apparently, Patrick needs to take a ride in my car to observe drivability issues with #55 injectors. In other words, there are none. If the tune PROPERLY accomidates #55 injectors, the car will drive just like or better than stock. The evidence is in my garage.

;)
The stock injectors are 42# per several sources. Also Ford rates there fuel pumps at 90% duty cycle does anybody know for sure they don't do this with the injectors also. The Ford 95 Cobra injectors which were 24# were rated for up to 500 rwhp applications. Why is it we have substantially larger injectors then those and they are supposedly running at full-duty cycle at 600rwhp? Does anybody actually have any autotap or related documentation substantiating the claim that at 600 rwhp the stock injectors are anywhere near full-duty cycle. I have heard a lot of claims, but no evidence yet.

I was told that Diablo's dyno consistently shows 50 rwhp less then Steeda's Dynojet. I will be having my car dyno's on a Dynojet to find out portably what HP I am really making.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Here is my run.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts